part two

The large ship was causing a gust of wind that put dust in your eyes. You stayed behind your dad, covering the top of your face with your arm. While everyone ran away, the three of you approached it.

"FRIDAY! Evac anyone south of 43rd Street. Notify first responders!"

From behind you, a blast of orange rushed forward. It pushed you slightly into your dad, who turned. Strange had his palms up towards the ship, rings of bright orange around his wrists. He winked at your dad, who rolled his eyes. But the ship was now still. 

A beam of blue light emitted from it, and two alien-like creatures appeared in the middle of the road. One was tall, wide, and huge - and decorated fully in some serious armor. The other was small, thin, and strange looking. 

"Looks like Squidward," you muttered to your dad, who smirked. You moved to stand directly beside him. "Remember? From SpongeBob?"

"Yeah, I remember, kid," he said. "You loved that show." Then he shook his head. "Now c'mon, be professional. We're in front of wizards here."

"Right, right," you said, nodding.

"Hear me and rejoice!" the Squidward-esque alien shouted. "You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful that your meaningless lives are now contributing-"

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today!" Tony yelled. "You'd better pack it up and get outta here."

"Stonekeeper," the thing said, "does this chattering animal speak for you?"

"Certainly not," he said, taking two steps forward. "I speak for myself. You are trespassing in this city and on this planet."

"He means get lost, Squidward!" 

"He exhausts me," he said to the big guy. "Bring me the stone."

The big one stepped forward. You couldn't tell if his eyes were on Strange, who had the stone, or on your father, who was clearly annoying them, but you were stressed at the idea of anyone harming your father. You tightened your fists, feeling your powers wake up-

"Just a sec," Tony said to you, holding up a hand. You froze. "Banner, you want a piece?" 

"Uh, no, not really, but when do I ever get what I want?" Bruce muttered. 

"That's the spirit," you said. 

"Okay. Push!" Bruce growled. 

"Been a while," your dad said. "It's gonna be good to have you, buddy."

"Hush. Let me just... I need to concentrate for a minute." His neck was starting to turn green. "Come on! Come on, man."

Your eyebrows furrowed. The giant alien was walking towards you, swinging a large axe and knocking vehicles off the road. 

"He didn't used to take this long, did he?" you asked your dad. 

"Where's your guy?" 

"I don't know, he and I are sorta having a thing."

"No, no, no. There's no time for a thing. That's the thing right there. Go." Your dad pointed. 

Stephen looked at Tony. Your dad leaned into Bruce. "Dude, you're embarrassing me in front of the wizards."

It was clear that the Hulk was absolutely no help. You clamped a hand down on your dad's shoulder. 

"Dad, we can take care of this just fine," you said. 

"Yeah. Yeah." He nodded. "You listen to everything I say, you got it?"

"Got it," you said, and the blue swirls of energy lifted off of your skin. You pushed off of the ground and into the air, the power circling your arms, filling the whites of your eyes, and emitting light from you. At the same time, your light blue and silver suit covered your clothes - nearly in the same fashion your father's did.