Strangers

April, 2019 :

"So how was your first day,Seokjin-ssi?!"

Seokjin cursed himself for being startled by Namjoon's simple question.

He gave the man a soft smile as he started walking beside him through the college's corridor.

"It was great! Just the way I had imagined...",he replied quietly.

Which was a lie,ofcourse. He had never ever imagined that he would have to face Kim Taehyung once again in his life,that too in the first day of his work.

He couldn't focus on anything. Not on his lectures,on his students or even on his conversations with his colleagues.

He just couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that the red-haired boy with amber eyes has come back to his life after three years and now.....he is going to see him probably everyday, every day !

His life just can't get more exciting, can it?

"Wait!",a deep,husky voice resonated throughout the corridor.

Oh it definitely can!

"Stop sprinting around, Taehyungah! You're a professor, remember?",Namjoon stated sarcastically.

"Part time!",Taehyung retorted;Seokjin could feel his voice right behind himself as the younger came running towards them.

"That doesn't justify your over enthusiasm...",the older commented with a small laugh,probably being embarrassed infront their new colleague.

"Aw but you love my enthusiasm,hyung~.... Don't you?!",Taehyung asked in a teasing way and Seokjin couldn't take it anymore.

"My.....",he trailed as both of the Kims
looked at him with questioning eyes.

His eyes skillfully avoided the gaze of the youngest and looked at Namjoon while muttering an excuse.

"Sorry but...my friend is coming to pick me up... I hope you don't mind if I-"

"N-no ofcourse not, Seokjin-ssi!See you tomorrow, I guess...",Namjoon answered with a reassuring smile.

"I do have some classes tomorrow.",Seokjin confirmed with a chuckle.

"So yeah,tomorrow then.... Goodbye!"

Namjoon waved his hand and opened his mouth to bid him farewell but Taehyung beat him at it.

"Goodbye, Jin-ssi..."

August, 2016 :

"S-sorry?"

"Actually its me who should say sorry...",the boy with feline eyes mumbled with a guilty smile on his face.

Seokjin blinked his eyes.

"And.....what exactly for?",he inquired with an amused tone.

The boy fidgeted with the sketchpad in his hands and replied,-

"You were having a quiet,alone time and I just......ruined it,maybe?",he smiled,still with a hint of guilt but a warmer smile.

"I was actually....sketching..."

"Me?",Seokjin's eyes widened.

"Umm....your portrait, yeah...",he got as a reply.

His eyes trained towards the sketchpad. He felt tempted. Well if a stranger can draw his sketch without his permission, why can't he atleast give a glance at it?!

"Can I....?",he asked for permission, pointing at the sketchpad with his forefinger.

The boy gulped with a small "ofcourse" and handed it to the older.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"How can you draw so perfectly?! What the hell? How could you even see me so clearly in the moonlight?! And why can't I even draw a straight line when you can sketch my features with so many details?!