That Night

April, 2019 :

It was almost half past six in the evening when Seokjin's doorbell rang,making the owner of the apartment jolt on his bed.

Sighing, Seokjin ran his hand through his blonde hair and got up to open the door.

He was not ready for this.However, he was the one who had invited Jungkook only. There was no way he could tell his bestfriend to go back now!

"What took you so long?!",Jungkook started grumbling as soon as Seokjin opened the door.

"I was...just taking a nap.",the older lied.

Sleep seemed to have left the man since his mind has become a mess of jumbled up thoughts and worries.

"How was your first day though?!",Jungkook's stoic face broke into a small smirk as he made his way towards the kitchen.

Seokjin pursed his lips,awkwardly shuffling around the breakfast island while the other was busy in searching an evening snack inside the kitchen-cupboards.

"Did they actually call you Professor?! ",Jungkook chuckled,grabbing a large pack of chips and placing it upon the island.

"I still can't believe it!",he mused while opening the door of the fridge."I bet you have students of my age too.And...they call you sir!"

"Jin-hyung!",he scoffed."Don't tell me you don't have anything to drink!"

Seokjin remained silent as he took a long and deep breath.

The younger finally caught the queerness of the silence and his doe eyes looked up at the older.

The fridge's door closed with a soft thud as Jungkook took small steps towards the blonde.

"What's the matter?",he inquired in a quiet yet firm tone.

Seokjin gulped,letting his gaze roam everywhere but at the raven."I told you that there's something to discuss."

"I know that.",the younger rolled his eyes."But I didn't know that it would be this serious."

"JK...",Seokjin sighed.

"You finally found someone or what?!",Jungkook smirked again,which faltered as soon as he noticed that Seokjin's expression didn't change because of his teasing.

"Oh...",he trailed before grasping the packet of chips to tear it open.

"No,listen !",Seokjin huffed a frustrated sigh."It's.... It's not that..."

The younger remained silent as he walked past Seokjin and slumped down on one of the bean bags in the living room.

The blonde frowned."JK,I...I want you to listen to me very carefully, alright?",he muttered.

"Please just...Just listen to me first and then I'll be ready to hear whatever you will want to tell me.",he requested to the boy who was busy in munching on the chips with an unreadable expression.

"JK~",he whined,taking his seat on the couch.

"I'm all ears.",Jungkook assured,offering the packet of chips in his hands to the older.

Seokjin sighed and closed his eyes for a brief moment.

"It all started at Busan...",his eyelids fluttered open."After Eomma's wedding..."

August, 2016 :

"My glasses!",Seokjin moaned,removing his specs which had become blurred because of the sprinkles of raindrops.