Chapter 2: Uprising

Far from the noisy company, but still not so far as to ignore their spontaneous celebration, huddled a ragged crowd of passengers of the second plane.

The news that they will have to spend the night in the small airport till the end of the blizzard wasn't accepted nicely by every one of them. A middle-aged couple in colorful clothes was on vacation returning from the sea resort, judging by the tan, and this adventure didn't suit them to their liking.

At first, with the support of an elderly couple, they tried to argue with the airport employees and the crew of the aircraft. The staff decided to seek the refuge in the personnel room quickly after settling passengers in the hall. Then after reviewing the whole injustice of the situation between each other and boiling the anger, small army of rebels finally decided to force their resentment at others.

All this time the woman with an infant and its grandmother tried to keep a low profile. But after a long sleep baby woke up in a whiny mood. Women attempted to soothe and distract little boy by passing him between each other. However, the kid finally snapped and issued a demanding cry that was growing like a fire siren with every minute.

The young mother immediately leaped up from her seat and began to rock him, cooing something in his ear. Though it didn't work at all. A small body started to wriggle in his mother's arms like a big fish thrown ashore. In the end, the howls of the child intensified the bitterness of the holiday and the elderly couple.

The first criticisms, of course, were addressed to the airline, airport employees and the staff of the aircraft itself, which did not ensure their proper stay for passengers in this godforsaken place. Then the manifestos started to go into the usual pace of politics, thieves in the government, the collapse of the country and, of course, insolent money-bags, wealthy people, stealing from the ordinary folks. These comments finely found the specific recipients.

The presence of a company drinking close by, enjoying a good time and whiskey, which cost as the whole vacation for holiday couple, was especially rousing. The lively conversation of the elite group began to subside. The excitement among the commoners made them tense a little.

Ruslana tried to avoid all external noises. It was not in her plans to interfere with the forthcoming local scale French revolution. She sincerely felt sorry for two women with a child who did not want to become the red banner of victory. They just hoped to calm their child and finally get home.

Lana recalled with trembling those years when her children were the same age. Although if it were her child now, he or she would not have given enough time and space to those present to stir up strife between classes. The chaos and destruction always followed her kids behind.

Memories forced the girl to smile, imagining how a couple in colorful Hawaiian shirts would now diligently try to shove themselves under the metal chairs and not to show any signs of life if this ball was ruled by her little devils now.

Meanwhile, the kid continued to cry hysterically, setting the tone for the general mood. The girl would gladly now offer the young mother help in calming the child, but today everything seems to have gone wrong from the very beginning. A week ago, Lana didn't even expect that she would have to go to the other part of the country on the order of Alpha, and on the eve of the full moon to boot.

She was always proud of her self-control and control over her second half. Many shifters, werewolves as they were called by humans, although for them they were just a legend, experienced considerable discomfort during the full moon.

Among her acquaintances, only a few could hold their animal half under control and not shift during this period. Although many of her kind didn't see the point. Why bully yourself and your beast, if you can go for a run?