Chapter One: The Tabooed

(Renaes pov)

I was in the field with my friend, Lils, and my sister, Bekah. Lils and I ran around while Bekah sat under a tree in her purple gown. Lils and I, the tomboys of the group, we're dressed in pants and a tank top each.

I sat down next to the sickly Bekah and started to make flower crowns out of a pile of flowers I had gathered. I drew a transmutation circle in the dirt so I could transmute the crown. I added extra so I could make one for mom, too.

I heard a choking sound from my right." Bekah...." I started looking up "Shit! Lils go get gran!" I shouted noticing that Bekah was coughing up blood.

"Okay! On it!" Lils hollered running off to grans house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That night Bekah died. Lils and I in tears, I then decided to commit the taboo to bring back my sister.

I added extra ingredients of the human body hoping to bring her back healthy. I had the transmutation circle drawn out I then knelt down to start. I gave up my right arm in the process for her, I saw the door of truth that contained the secrets of Alchemy and saw the hideous creature that was supposedly my sister. I gaged not caring about the blood I was losing and ran from my sisters horrid body and she died once again. I ran to grans houseand she took care of my arm. She sent me off to central with an automail arm and Lils to become a State Alchemist. I was only ten when my story as an alchemist began.