{13} It's all so confusing

"Dear my love, I miss you, I'm getting better, it's been weird without you here. I don't know what's going to happen with my job. I'm pretty sure I lost it because who wants a sick man on the job? I know I wouldn't. I hope you know that I didn't mean anything. What I did to you I didn't mean I know now that it wasn't right of me but I didn't mean it. I'm sick, and I finally realize that, I love you so much baby. Your the person I want to be with. Love James." I held the note close to me, not being able to think.

I threw whatever I could find, all you could hear was the shattering of glass from left to right. I threw mostly pictures on the ground. I threw whatever was able to touch my hand.

"I'm so sick and tired of this!" I yelled throwing stuff. "Nothing ever worlds out for me!" Tears ran down my face. Life is confusing, I was going through one of my upsetting state.

"I wasted my life on everything!" Tears ran down my face, but I couldn't help it. Hormones. I sighed. I wanted to sob, I just wanted to be held.

There was a knock on the door. "Come on Katelyn, can I come in?" I heard a soft voice said, I knew it was Sonny, I could tell his voice from anywhere.

"Why? Just so I can fuck everything up!?" I said between tears, I was so upset and angry that I didn't even know I was full on sobbing.

"Katelyn, listen to me you don't fuck anything up, please open up the door." I unlocked the door, and opened it up slowly. "Oh look at you," He said as he touched my cheek. "All your makeup is ruined." I chuckled slightly.

Sonny came in and shut the door behind him. He took his thumb and wiped my tears away. I held the note close to my chest. "You don't mess anything up, why do you think so?"

"What difference does it make in the whole wide world?"

"It makes every difference in the whole wide world. Okay? I'm here for you, talk to me." Sonny wrapped his arms around me holding me close, and I felt safe like I always have.

"I mess stuff up," I sighed as I laid my head on his shoulder. "I can't even keep a relationship, I don't want to grow old alone."

"What makes you say that?"

"Peter and I," I sniffled. "We use to date back then, when I went to college in Chicago IL, he didn't know it was me because I used my mother maiden name, I was known as Katelyn Margaret, I had long brown hair then, I was short. We broke up because I was going back home forever. Then James and I, and look where I ended up?! Love doesn't work for me."

"Oh honey," Peter looked at me as he cupped my cheeks. "Your going to find the right one I promise you."

"What if I don't?"

"Don't think about that okay? Someone out there does like you, I promise you that." Sonny smiled making me smile. He had a smile that gave hope. It remind me of my mom.

Flashback

"Peter." I giggled as I looked up at him since he was way talker then me.

"Yes Mi armor?" He smiled as he kissed my forehead. Peter and I have been together since I first came down to Chicago. Peter wants to be an ada and I want to be a cop.

Peter and I met when I was running late to class and I bumped into him and fell to the ground, how "romantic" is that?

"I love you so much, always remember that." I smiled as I laid my head on his chest. Peter and I have talked about married and kids here and there. Everything was going well between us, and I loved it.

"I will always remember that baby, cause we are growing to grow old together." People think we are too young to be talking about that, but I know I want to spend my life with Peter.

He's the one I love and will always love, the only thing that he doesn't know is that I'm going back to New York...and we are going to end what we have.

Every since that day Peter and I met we were always together, and then he asked me out on a date to go to dinner and go see the Christmas Tree. Winter in Chicago's are cold so he gave me his jacket and to this day I have it.

Later that night he asked me out and I knew that we would be forever, until I had to go back home for personal reasons, and that was the end of Peter and I.