Chapter 5

You can imagine how humiliating that was for me. Ugh... Well, I somewhat enjoyed it. But it'll just make travelling with May a whole lot more... Awkward.

I walked alongside May, trying not to make eye contact. It was too weird... For me, at least. She wouldn't stop blushing! It was driving me CRAZY.

"Are we there yet?" May asked softly, breaking the silence. I looked at our town map. "Let's see.. The mountain is over there.. That rock there and... Yep. I have no idea where we are." I announced, closing the map. May stared. "WHAT?! I thought you were suppose to be the smart one!" She hissed. I sweat dropped. "I'm the one with the looks, and brain. Maps should be in your sector..." She growled. "I swear, if we don't get out of there soon--!"

And then.. THIS happens;

May is cut of by the screech of a Skarmory, it was HUGE! It soared down rapidly from the sky at her, it's wings glowing brightly. "Uh oh.." May gulped. We started booking it, as fast as we could. But it was faster. It's sharp talons tried to snatch May by her bag, but she quickly avoided it.

Eventually, it shot a razor wind at us, causing us both to collapse. May had a large gash on her left leg, and it stung so badly she couldn't move. I gulped as I saw the Skarmory zipping closer with it's Steel Wing getting closer. 'I am an idiot..' I growled and leaped in felt of May, holding my arms out to protect her. "Keep away from her! Rosarade, Stun spore!" I yelled, as my Rosarade send the steel bird fleeing from the spores. I quickly returned it and sent out my Audino. It used heal pulse on May's leg, returning to it's pokeball.

May clung to me, hugging tightly and crying. "It's okay now, June.." I whispered, petting her head. She sniffled and pulled away, soon gasping. "Drew..! Your arm!" She held it and grabbed a first aid kit. "Weird.. " I murmured. My right arm was cut deeply, but I didn't know how it happened. Then it hit me. One of the razor winds I'd blocked from May had cut my arm badly.. And now hurt like crazy.

"Hold still!" May scolded. I obeyed, watching her as and fiddled with the band aid wraps. After 5 minutes of treatment on my arm, we decided to find a nearby town to locate our next stop... No idea where to go again.

"Ugh.. This is getting old.." I grunted as we stumbled along the dirt path. "At least it can't get any worse..." May insured.

CRACK

"... A lightning storm. REALLY?!"