Chapter 6

Drew's POV

We trudged through the puddles. Not fun. I sighed annoyed, my clothes were drenched, my hair was frizzy... It was terrible. May growled angrily as she slipped every few minutes. "Keep up, July! We need to hurry!" I hollered. May whined. "I'm TRYING! How about you slow down?!" She snapped.

I rolled my eyes with a smirk. I was about to make a stupid comment, when thunder roared and lightning struck a tree base. We both stared. "... So you want to slow down, eh?!" I glared and dragged her as we ran, the lightning somehow getting slower with every few steps. "It's chasing us?!" May yelped as a tree almost crushes us. "Drew! You upset the weather gods!" May hissed. "What did I do?!.. I mean- gah this is stupid! Just keep up!"

We dove into the pokemon center just as the last bolt struck the door entrance. We breathed heavily, getting up to find it deserted. ".. Hello? Nurse Jo-" "SHH!" A voice hissed. The two stared at Nurse Jou, under a desk and shushing them. "Thunderous is outside... Don't make any loud noises or it will attack..." She whispered. "... It just tried to kill us with thunderbolt." May growled quietly. We got a room and whispered quietly to each other.

".. So tomorrow we enter the contest?"

"Yep..."

"... Ok... And if the pokemon is still there?"

"We send you out first. If you survive, we leave."

"Oka-- DREW!"

"Kidding!"