Chapter 1: Oogle

As the new session started, it signalled a new beginning for Chimamanda and Nene. They were to begin in a new class as senior girls.

The risen sun shone beautifully as the girls filed into their classes after the assembly. Although they were not in the same class, Amanda and Nene knew they would still be close friends even till the end.
Chimamanda Olugbenga who was fondly called Amanda, was very excited. This was a new class and she felt this was the class that would change it all. Although she had a wealthy background, she never felt the need to carry herself higher than Nene whose parents weren't so wealthy. They had an 8 year old friendship and their bond was unbreakable.

Amanda whose dimples prevailed on her smiling face,  locked hands with Nene as they walked to their classes.

"Ah, a new session, new class, new uniform and new boys," she said sighing and eyeing the newcomers. " Amanda" Nene scolded chuckling " you know we have to focus more on books than on boys"

" Yes, I hear you" Amanda agreed lazily. Amanda although more open than Nene always appeared to be reserved among strangers. She believed she only needed to show her craziness to her close ones. Amanda who was a foot shorter than Nene, carrying her bag on her back reluctantly separated from Nene to enter her new class. 

Her uniform, a grey long sleeve shirt with black high waist skirt and long socks and black shoes had been fitted for her slightly curvy figure. She entered her new class with a smug look on her caramel face. She scanned her classroom as her eyes landed on one face that captivated her.

Tobi Johnson who was six foot tall sat carelessly at the back of the class. His attention was on his pen as he played with it nonchalantly. Amanda eyed his dark face and curly shiny brown hair. He was breathtaking.

The long break after Junior school had done wonders to his appearance. She eyed the seat next to him which was luckily vacant and almost rushed to it. Her scramble must have gotten his attention because he looked up frowning. 

"Are you a giant or what?" a voice growled. Amanda immediately turned around to trace the source of that comment but a teacher entered the class.

"Settle down everyone" the female teacher instructed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe someone would say that," Nene said utterly confused after Amanda had narrated what had happened in her class.

"I know right" Chris appearing out of somewhere added. Amanda and Nene exchanged looks and questioned "Know what?"
Like Amanda, Chris was born into a wealthy family. In the looks department, he was certainly not lacking. With his hazel eyes, he had the attention of almost any girl.

Chris who had confusion written all over his face, questioned back" What?". The girls rolled their eyes and shook their heads. 

"So is Tobi cute or what?" Amanda asked clearly swooning.
"Just because he had the long break change his appearance temporarily," Chris said.
"Chris," Amanda said turning to face him" At least that break did good to his face but for you..." Amanda smiled a pitiful small smile eyeing him" We can't just say"
As Chris already fuming was about to counter back, Nene stopped him. "You two should chill. It's the first day and it's break. I need food" she growled.

Amanda sighed and said "I'm sorry Chris. It's just...the guy is so cute"

Chris snorted in reply and continued with the girls to the canteen.