Chapter Seven: Still Tempted

She got there, her heart pounding. She stood in front of his door, breathing hard. She took steady breaths and calmed herself down.

She rang the bell, her finger pressing the button for almost too long. She waited for a response. There was none. She sighed.

As her fingers were about to press the button again, she heard a click and the door opened slightly. She took it as her invitation and walked in.

She shut the door and turned to see him in shirtless glory. His hands were on his joggers and it seemed he had just put them on.

If she had entered a little earlier...

The rays of light from a window display the smoothness of his exposed skin on his flat stomach. The V line starting from his hips were evident. His ebony skin was flawless. 

He was breathtaking.

Amanda stood there, staring at Tobi speechless. He took a small blue shirt on a brown table at the centre of his large living room and tried to put it on. He seemed to be struggling with wearing it. Amanda stood there rigid beholding the sight as he continued to struggle. 

Then she realised and walked towards him with caution. She reached out to his arms above his head and ended his struggle. She untangled the complex knot he was in. There was barely any space between them, their eyes locked. Amanda unconsciously still held on to his shirt still not breaking eye contact with him.

She looked down, her lashes veiling her eyes and she could feel his warm breath on her neck.

"Hey Amanda" he said in a low voice.

"Huh" she said and looked up, staring into his eyes.

"Could you let go of my shirt?" he asked, arching his eyebrows.

"Oh yes" she said realising and finally letting go.

"I'm sorry" he said apologetic.

"Why?" she asked confused.

"I couldn't give you a proper welcome to my home" he said with his arms open.

She then took in her surroundings. The large living room consisted of a large television, two leather sofas, and the wooden table. The interior design was excellent as the blend of colours worked well with the lightning.

The curtains were partially drawn but a beam of light was able to light up some places in the room. The room was connected to another which led to a flight of stairs.

After completely surveying the room, she turned to him with a questioning look. 

"What?" he asked a bit confused.

"Where is your mother?" she asked, her arms swinging.

"She is not at home" he informed her " but she said I should give you anyways"

"Okay" she said, still standing and staring.

Tobi walked halfway to the second room, then turned around.

"Are you not coming?" he asked staring at her confused.

"Oh yes" she replied realising.

They walked up the stairs to the first floor. It had a corridor with doors on each side. The last door was opened by Tobi and it revealed a large library. Ceiling tall book shelves were placed at each corner. Tobi went to one and ran his index finger over the books on the mid shelf until he got to the book.

He brought it out with both hands and placed it in front of Amanda. Amanda was about to take it from his hands but he pulled it back. She stumbled forward, her lips apart.

"Are you not giving me?2 she asked perplexed.

"I am" he said, pushing the book forward.

She grabbed it but he pulled back wearing his usual sly smirk. She read mischief in his eyes. It made her lips curve into a smile.

"Give me" she said, pulling it hard.

"Take it" he said, pushing it back.

She smiled and slowly let go retreating. It confused Tobi a little as he tilted his head backwards. Then she lunged forward to get it. He rose the book up in his right hand high above his head. Amanda jumped to get it because he was taller.

She struggled until he was satisfied and finally gave her with a sly grin on his lips,

"Take. Let's go" he said, making a fake tired face.

Amanda gave him a scowl although a smile was slowly creeping in on her face. His hands brushed back a stray lock of braided hair and she shivered slightly under his touch.

Tobi walked her back to the living room. Amanda passed the rooms with him, her lips pursed. They reached the living room and turned to face each other about to bid their farewell.

So I will see you in school?" she asked with a small smile.

"Yeah" he replied.

She turned to the door , walked to it and opened it.

She turned back to him and said "Bye" before leaving.

"Too easy" he thought as she exited " just too easy".