Chapter Two

Chapter Two

*Anna*

By the time it was time to pick up Julie and get to the school, I was totally relaxed by watching The Vampire Diaries. I guess it’s just something about dem vampires sucking throat that makes me feel good about myself. I grabbed my script out of my bag and headed for my car. Just as I was getting in I saw my Mom’s car pulling in. I waited briefly until she pulled in beside me.

“How did the meeting go?” I asked.

“Oh it was fine; Kendall is going to be good there over the summer. It still makes me a bit guilty about leaving her here though,” she said.

“Oh I’m sure she won’t tell a difference,” I told her.

“So are you heading back to the school already?” she asked.

“Yep, Miss Mees told us to get there by three thirty,” I said.

“Okay, well I’ll see you tonight! Oh and has your brother came home?” she wondered.

“Nope, haven’t seen him,”

“Figures.” She shakes her head as she walks into the house.

I get back in my car a pull out onto the road. After having seen so many good looking guys/ vampires, I seem to notice every single good looking guy on the street. Until I saw an old man with no shirt on.

“Oh goodness, I think I’m gonna barf. Blahhhh,”

I pull into Julie’s driveway and honk my horn to signal to her that I’m here. She races out of her house with script in hand and dives into the passenger seat. I raise an eyebrow at her.

“What? I’m just excited to get there!” she laughed nervously.

“Okay then,” I drove the three blocks to the school and hope out of the car.

I had to practically run to keep up with Julie. We made it into the building in no time and hurriedly got our costumes on. I begrudgingly went back to the make-up table still set up from earlier today to get my hair and make-up done. Everyone was bustling around trying to make last minute adjustment to their costumes; singing bits and pieces of their songs and trying to help everyone else. It was funny because even Clair was helping Chelsea with her make up. Julie was getting her own make up done and trying to do up her hair with a bunch of hairspray. Haha, it’s “Hairspray!”

Once everyone was put together things started to calm down a bit. Miss Mees made her appearance and suggested we all play a game of sausage.

I really don’t see how this game will help us stay calm but, we all played anyway. Clair started in the center. She went to Chelsea, directly to her right.

“Hey, what’s that in your pocket?” she asked.

With the straightest face I’ve even seen…. she calmly replies, “Sausage,”

I start laughing so hard I snort. I’m so horrible at this game! The whole object of the game is, answer whatever question you’re asked with “Sausage,” but you can’t smile or laugh. I loose every time. Especially when it turns dirty like, “What’s in your pants?”

“Dang it! Okay, what do you like to put in your mouth at night?” Clair breaks out the dirty ones. Of course John, the one she asked, was cracking up, so he got into the center of the circle. I was literally rolling on the ground laughing.

John gets someone else to laugh and by the time that person gets to me I just crawl my way into the center, because I know I’ll lose.

“How is it that you are the lead role in this play and you’re the worst at this game?” Clair asks from the other side of the circle.