Chapter One Part Two

*Anna*

The feeling I get when I read his poems is a mix of emotions, especially ones like this one. This poem is of course a sad one. But the thing I don’t like is the fact that there is a girl somewhere out there that completely trashed his heart. I know this because half the poems he sends me are love and lose type poems. I get completely jealous, even though I know I completely shouldn’t. He has never and will never be mine, so there is no reason for me to get jealous. I still do though.

I place the letter back in the envelope and put it back in my bag. When I finally get to the school, I go straight to the drama room as we have the whole day to have our dress rehearsal and make any last minute changes we need to do. Although I’m still nervous about the play, I can’t wait to get up there one the stage and run the whole thing. Other than Clair being there, the rest of the play cast is really amazing. We can all joke around and have fun, especially when Clair isn’t present. 

“Julie!” I yell as I run across the room to give her a huge hug.

“Anna!” she mimics my tone, swinging me around.

“You guys act like you haven’t seen each other in years,” I hear a ridiculously high pitched voice from the other side of the room.

Julie and I, being the cool mind readers we are, both turned around to give Clair “the Face”, you know the one you give people you don’t want to talk to.

She scrunches her face up in disgust, “Oh you guys are so funny!” she says with fake enthusiasm. “You aren’t the only ones who have even seen Jenna Marbles. I think that kind of offensive,” she says plainly.

“I think that’s the point,” Carter adds in, trying to hold back his laughs.

“Ugh,” she huffs and turns to go get into costume.

I let my face muscles relax and Julie and I spontaneously start to laugh.

“You guys are ridiculous, pulling the Jenna Marbles card. So classy.” Carter laughed.

“Eh, you know you love it!” I wink.

He blushes but hides it by telling us we need to get dressed. You see, my winking is a little bit of an inside joke. In the play, he plays Link, so there for we have to “kiss” at the end of the play. He is totally committed to his girlfriend and was super embarrassed to kiss me, even though it was a completely fake kiss. Like so fake a three year old could tell. He was so afraid that his girlfriend would get upset at him when she saw the play that I personally went to talk to her about it. She laughed and wasn’t offended at all. She actually told me to play up the uncomfortable-ness for him. Add in a few winks and kiss him on the cheek any opportunity I got. It makes her laugh when she sees him squirm. So of course I play along with it, it’s actually pretty fun.  

“Come on Anna, stop flirting with a taken man, we need to get dressed. The make-up people get her in fifteen minutes,” Julie said tugging on my arm to take me to the clothing racks.

I pulled out my first costume, which looks pretty funny considering it has extra “fluff” on the edges. Other than that difference, Julie and I’s costume looks very similar. We slip into the closed off area behind the black bed sheets and change into our outfits.

I look in the mirror and just about died of laughter.

 “I look like such a fat cow!” I laughed at myself.

The padding in the breast area is waayy overdone. They must think I have no boobs at all. I think they must have made this costume based off a ten year olds bust. I’m not that short.

“Oh that looks sooo good on you!” I heard the fake compliment via a certain squeaky voice.

I turned around to face her, “Aw, you’re darling, you look like such a cutie pie in your costume,” I told her, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

She plays Amber in the play; she totally fits the mean girl bit, even though most of the teachers in this school seem to think otherwise. Julie plays Penny the cute girl with a strict Mom. Other than Clair (I just hate her personality) I love our cast. I’ve made some of the best friends I’ll ever have in this play.

“Okay Anna! We need you over here! Your hair is going to take forever!” Miss. Mees called over from the make-up station.

I hurriedly walked over to the make-up station and got comfortable in one of the chairs. This was gonna take a while.

After almost an hour everyone was ready start rehearsal.

I stepped on the stage with all our final props with Julie by my side and started to do the mash potato like mad.

~.~

To say we did badly at rehearsals was an understatement. People forgot lines. Everyone forgot blocking. And once we all started messing up, there was no going back.

“Come on everyone! Cheer up!” Miss. Mees said. “You know what they say! The last rehearsal is always the worst for the best shows,”

“Who says that again?” I wishpered in Julies ear.

“It’s that mysterious they that we always hear so much about,” she said seriously.

I, of course broke out in chain of giggles. Julie shortly followed after, and that got Carter going and soon enough just about everyone in the cast was laughing. And they didn’t even hear what she said. I think it’s just because we are all so exhausted from rehearsing and not doing the best job, so naturally we turn into weird hysterical people. I guess its okay though, we all need a laugh, and we’re drama geeks, we’re aloud to be weird.

“Alright everyone settle down. We are going to get everything put away for now, and then we should all meet back up here at three thirty. What time do we need to meet here?” she questioned us.

“Three thirty,” we all monotoned back at her.

“Alright good, now everyone go put your props away and then you’ll be free to leave for the day. Despite what you all think, you did well!” she finished. 

Julie and I booth put our props away and grabbed our bags.

“Hey Hun? Can you give me a ride home?” she asked with a guilty little laugh at the end.

I shake my head, “I really don’t understand why you can’t walk, and your house is literally three blocks away you know?”

“You know I’m lazy! Pretty please,” she rearranged her face to the famous puppy dog look.

“Oh fine, but only since it’s not out of my way.” I pause for a second. “Oh and I suppose you need a ride back here for the play as well?”

She let her smile creep in. “I guess so,”

I sigh, “You owe me!”

I drop Julie off at her house and the make my way back to mine. When I drop my stuff at the counter and see my Mom left a note.

I had to go meet with the boarder. Love you- Mom

I grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl on the counter and took a juicy bite of it. She must mean the dog boarder. I hadn’t realized she’s already been planning the summer trip. Oh well, I’m excited to go anyway. I finish my delicious apple and the take out my script and read over the whole play again. I’m psyching myself out aren’t I? I shake the thought away and put the script back in my bag. Instead of studying the crap out of my lines, I’m gonna watch a sexy vampire. Go Damon!

“I make myself laugh too much,”

 __~_______________~__________________~___________________~________________

Hey i hope you guys like it! Sorry it took so long. If you guys turn into awesome sause and comment on what you think I'll upload tomorrow, cross my heart. Love you all!

Ps. If you don't know what the Jenna Marbles face is look to the side and then look it up on youtube vid is halarious but, if you don't like cussing or are offended by then you probably shouldnt watch it:/