Chapter 3

Chapter Three

*Anna*

When Julie and I wake up the first thing we smell is breakfast. How on earth we even think of being hungry after all we ate last night amazes me. Mom has out done herself by making bacon, eggs, hash browns, cream-of-wheat and muffins. But, we don’t complain. Mysteriously Chris is gone.

“Hey Mom, where is Chris? I know he wouldn’t intentionally miss out on a breakfast like this,” I said.

“Oh, he is at meeting for his new band,” she said.

“What?! He actually got in! That’s really cool for him!” I said.

“I know right! But, I told him he needs to tell them he can’t be in the band ‘til after summer, because of our trip. He got really mad,” she told me.

“I’m sure. But you know Chris, he’ll get over it quick,” I said reassuringly.

“I know,” she said.

“Hey Mom?”

“Yes Honey?”

“Can uh…Julie, go-to-the-cabin-with-us?” I made everthing one word at the end.

“Uh, can you repeat that a bit slower?” she asked.

“Uh, can Julie come with us this summer?”

“Oh, sure. Yeah, that would be alright. I’ll go call your Mom to ask her about it though,” she said walking into the other room to grab the phone.

“Oh, my goodness! I’m like, in love with your Mom! She is the coolest person on earth, I’m not kidding!” she said.

I laughed at her, “Yeah, most of the time she is,”

When we finished our breakfast we went into the livingroom where my Mom was at.

“Yeah I’ll tell her, Okay bye,” she said into the phone and hung it back up. “She said you can go under two conditions. One being you must call her at least every other day. And two, you now can have no excuse to miss family dinner. And she wants you to know that she loves you,” my Mom smiled.

We both screamed excitedly, “This means you can come with me!”

“I can go with you!” we both were juming up and down with joy.

“We have to go shopping!” I said. “We need new swimsuits for the summer!”

“Why are we yelling everything?!” she laughed.

“I have no idea!” we both went into hysteries.

~.~

We finally made it to the mall and went into Old Navy to look for swimsuits and pick up a few pair of good ol’ flip-flops. Julie found a swimsuit that she was just about to die for it was a string bikini that was neon pink and had little red hearts all over the top. The bottoms was one of skirt-like things and was super cute. I found a baby blue and white striped bikini and desided to get that one. We both got two pair of flip flops all different colors, because we both had the same shoe size so we would end up sharing them.

By the time we left the store we had two more bikinis and a cover up each. I also saw a white summer dress in Hollister that I had to have so I bought that to.

We ate lunch a McCallister’s Sandwhich place and then headed back home. I dropped Julie back of at her house so she could spend some more time with her Mom and Dad before she left. We only had Monday and Tuesday left at school, two more days. Wednesday is the graduation for all the seniors so we don’t have to go to school. I’m so excited for summer now!