Chapter 6

'The black magicians are the problem right now...'

I was currently level -1, and my strength and stamina stats were only one point each. Mengel's Plate Armour added five strength, for a total of six strength. When all of these stats were added up together, I totalled a measly 34 health. I might be able to punch a few of them before going to the netherworld.

'Can I get away?

The failure of the quest was fixed anyway. I just wanted to preserve my life. No, I had to survive. If someone died two times in a day, they wouldn't be able to access the game for 12 hours. Okay, this was the only way!

"Log out!"

[You can't log out of the game here.]

"Fuck! I should've expected this!"

It was common knowledge that it was impossible to end the game while a timed quest was underway. There was a way to force it, but I didn't want to use it since I would get a huge penalty. After failing to log out, I looked for a way to escape. However, this was the stronghold of the enemy.

I was being surrounded by a rapidly increasing number of followers. No matter how many calculations I made, there was just no way to escape. There was no hope when I was a slow as a tortoise.

"Break through to the basement at once!"

As I was planning out my actions, Doran shouted at me before pulling out two daggers and throwing them without delay. The hand gestures were so fast that it happened in an instant.

Pepeok!

"Kuaack!"

One of the daggers struck a person's eye while the other pierced another's heart. Doran narrowed the distance towards the pained believers and wielded his dagger.

"Open up."

The believers couldn't even scream as their necks were sliced and they vanished into a flash of grey light. I couldn't resist admiring it. The lack of information meant I didn't know the exact levels of the Yatan believers, but temple NPCs were generally at least level 150+. These believers were likely to be the same.

Doran handled them so easily that I couldn't even imagine his level.

'Is he perhaps a named NPC?'

My impression of Doran changed. Maybe I could clear this absurd quest if I depended on him. 3,000 gold! A huge 3,600,000 won was in front of me! The earl's son-in-law! I imagined getting my hands on all stats +20 and a beautiful wife! I would become a lord with my own territory, where I could steal high taxes from the users and NPCs!

'If I become a landlord, I will be able to get revenue every month.'

Exciting!

I began to cheer Doran on. "Good! Doran, fighting! I have admired you for a long time!"

"Eh? For a long time? When have you ever seen..."

"Ah! Danger! Over there! You must take care of your body!"

"B-Body...?"

While Doran was surprised by my sudden change in attitude, he focused on dealing with the enemies in front of him. Grey lights appeared in succession.

'Really strong!'

Doran skillfully threw numerous hidden weapons as if they were merely extensions of his limbs. The number one person on the assassin ranking, 'Old Sword Demon', that I saw on a broadcast two months ago, was like a young child next to Doran.