Chapter 10

"Going to the Mubaid Ruins, one must be level 130 or higher!"

"Looking for those who want to hunt in the Grey Forest ~ A level 130 warrior is waiting for people higher than level 96~"

"Recruiting people for the Guardian of the Forest raid! A level 190 archer, level 181 martial artist, and other top rankers will join! Your class and level don't matter! Anyone will do!"

When I accessed the game, I stood in a town square. I couldn't resurrect at the Yatan Temple due to being in a hostile relationship with the Yatan Church.

'Bairan Village?'

It was the place I visited before proceeding with Ashur's quest. I frowned as I recalled the past memories.

"I got turned around."

The monsters near Bairan Village were at least level 100. In addition, they were all ferocious monsters. The level of users here was at least the mid-80s, and they always needed a party when hunting. It was a dangerous place where users below level 120 couldn't leave the village alone.

In the past, I wandered around here alone while searching for the Northern End Cave and died. At that time, the durability of some of my equipment was reduced to zero and my boots and gauntlets shattered.

"I ended up resurrecting at this place."

Maybe I was some stupid god in my past life. I probably dishonoured Lady Luck in my past life, then my memories were erased and I was banished to the human world. Since then, I lived an unlucky life.

'This is true. I can't be so unlucky unless I sinned directly against the goddess of luck.'

I placed my forehead on a wall and blamed my past life. I couldn't be here forever, so I recovered my spirit.

"I should go to another village."

Right now, the urgent thing was to raise my level. I wanted to escape from the minus level as soon as possible. There was no reason to stay in a village where hunting was impossible. I found a horse-drawn carriage waiting for customers in a corner of the square and asked the coachman.

"What is the safest village near here?"

"Winston Village. Many novice travelers visit that place. Do you need a driver to take you there?"

"How much?"

The coachman raised one finger. He was a crook. Carriages were means of transportation for the rich: they were tremendous luxuries for debt-ridden people like me. It was a luxury comparable to eating a whole marinated chicken for one meal!

But there was nothing I could do. Right now, it was impossible for me to move to another village with my own power. If I left the village, I would only walk a little bit before dying. I handed over one silver while shedding tears.

The coachman looked at me. "What are you doing? It is 10 gold."

I made a surprised expression, as if I really didn't know. "Heok! 10 gold? It is 10 gold, not 10 silver?"

"This must be the first time you are taking a carriage. In the safe zone, the base fare for a carriage is set at five gold. In a monster-infested area such as this, there should be some profit for the high risk. This price is actually cheap. Winston is close to here, so it is only the basic fare."

"You are charging so much just for driving a carriage!"

"Tsk tsk, this is why I don't like novice travelers. Don't you know that all the monsters in the vicinity will attack as soon as they find humans?"