FATAL - The End and The Beginning

This story is merely a draft. It is still un-edited so please forgive me if there're mispelled words or any errors. I'm open for suggestions so you can hit the comment box :)

Enjoy !

-----------------------------------------------------

FATAL

Year 201, Rising Era

7th day at the Labyrinth

It was all darkness now. But it is not because of the night. The labyrinth has died along with all the systems in the world.

Creatures howled and growled from the distance as Athena and Urikynn moved forward. But they were too slow. For every step Athena takes, Urikynn’s body seems to grow heavier.

She tightened her grip around his body and around the treasure. It’s their only hope now. And it glows every step they take nearing the exit.

‘Darkness was over the surface. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light,’ she remembered reading from an Old burnt paper she once found deep in the ground. Before, she didn’t understand its meaning. But now she did.

"Urikynn we’re almost there," she said, looking at the body she tried to support. "I understand it now. I know the answer. Just stay with me okay? We will save the world."

Urikynn just grunted in pain. He wanted to say a lot but his own body seems to neglect him. He can feel it. His soul is raging from the inside. It wanted to leave his body, wanted to escape the cruel world, wanted to be free.

"No, no, no, no! Don’t you dare close those eyes Urikynn! I didn’t carry you just to see you die! Just stay with me a little longer. Please," she pleaded. Her eyes are now teary but she still continued to walk.

Just then, so far ahead of them, Athena finally saw the light. She let out a sigh of relief. They made it.

She smiled. "See that light Urikynn? That’s us. We’re going to be the light."