Urikynn

Chapter THREE "URIKYNN"

Urikynn entered his chamber with a smile on his face. But his smile instantly faltered when he remembered his conversation with his father.

He turned on his access bracelet and connected to his father’s number. Not long after, his father’s image emerged from the screen.

"Yes, son?" his father asked in a bored tone.

"Father about what I told you—"

"Yeah, yeah, I know it all already," his father cuts him, sipping casually from his flask.

"So you must’ve understood it by now!" Urikynn exclaimed.

"See, that’s the problem son. What you’re telling me doesn’t make sense! It’s the complete opposite of my plans and reports. It’s suicidal," his father calmly replied, taking another sip from his flask of wine.

"Father you got it all wrong. Didn’t you read my research? The conquest is not the solution father! Migrating is not even a solution! The reports you got are all wrong. You will be killing innocent people!" he insisted.

"That’s it!" his father bellowed. "Mind your own business Urikynn. I am still the Prime Minister of this world. Wait until it’s your turn! You can work on your plans when I passed on. But as long as I live, my rules are to be followed!"

"But father—"

"No more buts. See you at dinner," the line turned off.

Urikynn just sighed and slumped in her crumpled bed. Then he heard some metal clinking. He looked up and saw Lev, his robot, approaching him with a glass full of water.

"Drink. It’ll calm your nerves," Lev said in codes, handing him the glass.

"You’ve heard it huh?" he asked after drinking the water and thanking the robot.

"All of it," Lev replied, moving towards his wardrobe to get him a new shirt.

"Thanks man," Urikynn said as he slipped in his new shirt.

Lev has been Urikynn’s robot since he was born. It was practically designed to help him in all things.

To make long story short, robots are made to work for people. They’re like slaves and maids. They’re created to make work faster. They clean the houses and the community, they encode words to the computer, they do the laundry, they cook, wash the dishes, deliver the food stocks, drive the taxis and public vehicles, and they even create other robots. They didn’t even need money for salary. All they need is a long-lasting battery and a set of command codes to work.

But aside from being house-helpers, robots can also be considered as friends. They know how to listen, understand, and talk too.

"Anyway, I have something to tell you pal," Urikynn said excitedly. He too, talked in codes because robots are designed only to understand code language.