The Return And The Tragic End

“Dad you can’t do this to me!” Athena shouted from her room. “Let me out!”

            It has been days since the 12th station has been declared as the Winners of the Fatal Conquest. The announcement and the celebration has been held the next day of their escape. And that was the last time Athena saw Urikynn.

            She had been grounded. Her parents, the real one (yes, she knows of it now), has been very strict on her after the conquest. They even prohibited her on using her access bracelet.

            Athena sulked in her room floor, hating her parents very much and always thinking of Urikynn. She knows that both of them has a plan to work out. She still even have the Frozen Treasure with her and is very well locked in her safety vault. Urikynn and her still has a lot of talk with the Prime Minister. And instead of being there, she’s stuck in her room!

“If only I have another means of Transpor—aha!” she instantly got up and opened her vault. She remembered putting her TWW in it and cursed herself for not remembering sooner. She got the treasure then attached her Teleportation Wrist Watch before finally voicing her command.

            Just after a minute, she found herself inside Urikynn’s chamber.

“Yuri!” she called at the figure lying in its bed.

            Urikynn instantly got up once he heard the voice of the person he really want to see. His eyes widened in surprised as he saw that Athena is indeed in his room. He doesn’t waste any time. He quickly wrapped his arms around Athena’s waist; engulfing her in a hug.

            Athena didn’t try to resist. Instead, she let her arms wrapped Urikynn’s body too. She want to savor the moment. It’s as if she let him go, she wouldn’t have him back. But of course they need to break the hug.

“I thought I wouldn’t see you again,” Urikynn said. “I’ve got something to tell you. Did you bring the treasure with you?”

She nodded. “I hide it from my parents and I’m not stupid to leave it there. They locked me up in my own room Yuri! It was very frustrating!”

“There’s nothing more frustrating than what I’m about to tell you,” he said, suddenly becoming more serious.

            They both sat in the bed.

“Why? What’d you found? Have you talked to your dad already?”

“I did,” he answered. “But it’s pretty useless. I guess… I guess he’s drugged.”

“Drugged?” Athena asked as if it’s the weirdest thing to happen.

“Yes. I’m sure you saw that wine he keeps on drinking right. I’m guessing it has drug in it. And the Aristocratic Council member that gave him that is the one responsible of his misleading. I just need to be sure about it. I already got a sample,” he replied, reaching for the small bottle that has the very same odd wine in it. “We need to run it in a test.”

            That evening, both Athena and Urikynn crept out of the chamber and strolled towards the ministry’s Drug Clearing Section. There were supposed to be professionals who would actually run the tests but Urikynn made sure that they were out of duty for the evening. The two of them even run the tests by themselves.

            They didn’t even sleep since they waited for the tests to be completely finished. And almost past midnight, it was all done. They printed the result and went back to Urikynn’s chamber.