Min Yoongi

Yoongi
11 April YEAR 22

I walked, noticing Jungkook who was following from a distance behind. Containers popped up one after another along the stretch of railway. "It's the fourth to last container." Hoseok added. "I planned to meet up with Namjoon and Taehyung, you should come too." I said okay, but truthfully I had no intention of going. I loathed getting entangled with people and Hoseok knew that too. He probably wouldn't have thought I would show up for real.

I flung open the door to Hoseok's surprised face. He spotted Jungkook and came closer with his signature exaggerated face of mixed emotions. I walked past them, heading inside the container. "It's been awhile." I heard an embarrassed Jungkook scuffling with Hoseok who was trying to hug him.

Soon, Namjoon entered, taking Taehyung along. Taehyung's T-shirt was ripped on one side. Asked what happened, Namjoon pretended to smack Taehyung and said, "Dude's doing graffiti and got caught by the cops. Had to get him out so I was late". Taehyung pretended to be sorry exaggeratedly and went on and one about how his shirt got ripped from running away from the cops.

I sat in the corner and watched them. Namjoon was giving Taehyung another shirt to change into. Hoseok was taking out some hamburgers and drinks. Somewhere between them, Jungkook stood awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

Looking back, it was also the same back in high school. Somewhere inside our hideout classroom, Namjoon would try to reason with Taehyung only to get teased back, Hoseok would bustle in and out while Jungkook, unsure of where his place was, paced around.

How long had it been since we gathered like this? I couldn't remember. How had it been for Seokjin-hyung and Jimin? These thoughts were not like me at all. I had never been to this place before but strangely, I felt at peace.