21

The two sat huddled up on the professor's very comfortable sofa, oblivious to whatever could be happening outside of his home.

Why did it matter what happened outside of the house?

As long as they were together, that was all that mattered.

Caleb's head lied in Yuno's lap as he fiddled with the older's hand and watched TV. Yuno didn't mind. It was rather soothing, actually.

"You should wear a ring." The younger voiced, listening to the popping sound Yuno's ring finger made when Caleb pulled on it.

"And why do you say that, love?" Yuno enquired, turning his free hand through his lover's hair.

Yuno wasn't really a fan of rings. Or jewellery, actually. He didn't really wear earrings, although his ears were pierced.

For some reason, even if the jewellery was made of the highest quality, safest, cleanest metal, his left ear always seemed to end up bothered. And he didn't see the point in wearing just one earring.

They came in pairs for a reason. That was like wearing one sock.

So, he didn't wear earrings.

The only real jewellery he wore (which wasn't even jewellery in his opinion) were watches. He wasn't really dependent on his phone.

So when he wore a watch, it wasn't for decoration. He genuinely used it to check the date or the time.

He didn't dislike jewellery. He just didn't see the point in having it.

"So that people will think you're taken and won't try to flirt with you."

"People who want to flirt with me are gonna flirt with me whether I have a ring on my finger or not." Yuno began, a small smirk on his face. "You're just upset because of what happened the other day." He pointed out. "Are you jealous?"

Yuno didn't have to see Caleb's face to know that he was blushing. The tips of his ears were starting to turn red.

"No. I'm not jealous."

"Yes you are. Aw... my baby is jealous." He reached around and began to tickle the younger on his stomach, ignoring the pleas and cries.

"Stop!" The younger breathed out, fidgeting around until he eventually fell off of the sofa all together.

Caleb felt a sense of déjà vu at that moments. He couldn't help but to feel as though he had experienced this moment. But with someone else. But that was impossible. Because the only other person he had been with was Andrew. And his relationship with Andrew wasn't as good as his relationship with Yuno.

He remembered that much.

"Baby, are you okay?" Yuno's leaned over the side of the sofa and extended a hand to help Caleb up. The younger gratefully took the limb extended to him and then stood up, brushing off his clothes.

He wished every day was a peaceful as this one.

"You stay right here. I'm gonna go get changed."

"Where are we going?"

"To pick out a ring for me, of course." He flashed a smile before standing and then leaving room.

Caleb's heart squeezed.

Is this love?

Fin :).