Chapter #19: The Insane Plan

🎧DJ's P.O.V🎧

"Say your last words" I pushed down on the smaller wolf my claws about to peirce his neck, I felt a sharp pain in the side of my shoulder and I fell to the ground "Stop now!" Thorgi barked loudly, his voice stern like a true alpha "Phoenix, You have injured our smell and heart" Thorgi looked at Phoenix with his piercing gaze "Knocked out our speed and sound, and have knocked out your alpha" Thorgi growled stepping closer "Your strength has gotten to your head, you have one more strike until you get kicked out of the pack, and we don't want that do we?" Phoenix looked up his gaze softening as he realised what he has done.

"Yes... I understand.." Phoenix looked down "You are the most disobedient strength I have ever seen... and you" Thorgi growled looking at me Shoot... I knew I shouldn't of intervened that was a fight between pack members, outsiders aren't supposed to stop that, the alpha is... I bowed my head down "Sorry sir..."

"Thank you" I popped my head up "What? bu..." "You intervened dispite pack code telling you not to, you saved our sight from great pain, but were too late for our smell and heart" I heard Jiggy whimper "Now..." Thorgi stepped up to Jiggy "I-I can't smell anything..." Jiggy whimpered looking away "I'm sorry alpha... I have failed you" "Failed me?" Thorgi laughed "You have shown great bravery standing up to your strength Espically for an outsider but now... you have lost your smell" "I... I don't want to..." "You have a great heart Jiggy, that's all you need, You may not have a strong nose but a strong heart is better than anything" Thorgi put his paw on Jiggy's head, blood still gushing out of his nose.

"And you... now that we have lost our smell... we need a new one... will you DJ join our wolf pack and be our smell?" Thorgi asked walking to me and looking into my eyes "But... I don't have a good nose... I can barely tell a squirrel from a goat" I chuckled "That doesn't matter, here... Jiggy help me" Jiggy looked up wipping his bloddy nose and making a paw print on the floor "close your eyes" Thorgi demanded, I did as told closing my eyes, I heard a light whimper and warmth near my nose "Now sniff" I sniffed "Tell me, who's blood is this?" I sniffed again, the image of the owner of the blood popping into my head "The strength. Phoenix" I replied "Good. Now open your eyes"

I opened my eyes and looked at Pheonix his shoulder had a small cut with blood dripping down from it, a bunch of other healed cuts around that area "It looks like Phoenix is always the blood supplier" I laughed looking at Thorgi "That is true, only a true smell can tell the blood of a strength and you DJ... are a true smell" My ears perked and I looked at Thorgi surprised "I am?" "Yes" "W-well then... I would love to join your pack... a-again" "DJ" Thorgi began.

I kneeled down, my one paw tucked under my body "Do you swear to keep the pack safe at any costs? threw life or death situations?" "Of course" I smiled "And do you swear to protect our Master at the cost of anything, absolutely anything. Even your pack mates" My eyes widened but I quickly nodded "I do..." Thorgi smiled "Then, you shall now be known as our smell, DJ" I stood back up smiling wide, I was as happy as ever.

"Now, down to business. DJ, can you please go get Aphmau? Jiggy needs some medical attention" I nodded swapping into my smaller wolf form. I ran up the stairs and looked at the door, I stood on my hind legs than got and idea, I licked my paw then gripped the handle with my sticky paw. I twisted the handle and pulled the door open quickly running out "Time to find Aphmau..." I mumbled. I closed my eyes and sniffed the air, light blue lines showed up everywhere, each one had their own scent and each going in their own direction.

I sniffed each "That's Kiki... That ones Garroth... ah! Lady Aphmau!" I sniffed one of the lines "I just need to follow this one" I opened my eyes the lines dissapeared, but foot prints lit up the way she went. After a bit of following they dissapeared, I closed my eyes and sniffed again "Wait a second... this scent is unknown..." I sniffed the line that seemed to be following Lady Aphmau "I've got to hurry!" I started to run after the foot prints that were lighting up "A fox?" I was stopped "Kiki no!" I yelped as she kneeled beside me "I've got to hurry!" I growled trying to walk past her but she blocked my way and grabbed me just under the arms.

"I haven't seen your kind for awhile" "Put me down!" I growled squirming, finally she dropped me and I ran off in the direction I last remembered the foot prints led to. I sniffed the air, once again the lines showed up, I focused on Aphmaus and opened my eyes chasing after the lighten up foot prints, I was close. I knew it because I could smell her scent... and another scent "Aphmau!" I quickly ran up the hill, I ran all the way up the hill to see Aphmau on the ground a male holding a sword at her neck as she protected the necklace I had given her.

"Just give me the necklace and no one will get hurt" The black haired male held out his hand He looks familiar... I thought "No! I was given this necklace and it doesn't need to land in your hands!" "That necklace has to much power for a simple minded girl like you to have it!" The male ripped the necklace out of her hands and looked at it laughing evilly "Zane give it back!" she yelled Zane...? The priest? The one who took away the new child Alexis' childhood? I growled swapping into my giant wolf form, I charged up the hill and towards Zane snarling and panting.

"Back away from lord Aphmau" I growled my ears going back "I see you have called your dogs." I snarled again "I am no dog!" I snarled do you swear to protect our Master at the cost of anything I remembered Thorgi's words... Zane was close to the edge, I could push him off... but both of us will go "What are you stuck with fear mutt?" Zane brought me out of my thoughts, he had the sword close to Aphmaus neck once again Here goes nothing... I ran at Zane and just as I jumped at him I felt a sharp pain in my back leg, a pain that was all to familiar.

I jumped off the edge taking Zane with me...