Chapter #20: Rushing Currents

🎧DJ's P.O.V🎧

Pain jolted up and down my leg as I felt the warm thick red liquid drip down my body onto my snout soon finding it's way onto the pale black haired males face. I could feel the blood rushing to my head and I felt like passing out, I kept a good grip on the necklace but so did Zane. I pulled my neck up using my muscles but soon gave out allowing my head to flop back down, I pulled the necklace more in my mouth so Zane would lose grip of the chain but he held on tightly with his one hand, his other dangling at his side as he stared down at the roaring river and sharp rocks below us.

I growled shaking my head "Let go" my words were muffled by the tag in my mouth "And fall to my death yea right!" Zane yelled lifting up his other arm and hitting me in the snout trying to make me lose my grip I growled shaking my head like I had a tuck-a-war you or rope in my mouth I heard a snap and soon the weight of the male was gone. He had fallen into the water below with nothing but a splash, no screams or anything... the necklace cahin was now broken but I can easily fix it right now.

I closed my eyes and put the chain into my paws healing it, the chain was fixed it was as easy as one two three, I put the chain around my neck but since I was upside down the necklace got close to falling off my head since it could be easily slipped on. I soon heard a gasp light sobs following afterwards. That must be Lady Aphmau... "DJ!" Aphmau yelled distressed running to the edge and looking down. I waved innocently at her causimg her to cover her mouth both in shock and excitement "DJ!" she exclaimed happily "Yep, it's me, the bear trap has gotten me" I chuckled pointing to the bear trap I felt blood drip onto my snout again.

"I'll be up in a second.." I pulled up trying to grab the chain with my paws but felt burning in my side causing my body to give out and flop down going back upside down. I clenched my jaw tightly together pain running it's toll on my strength, I felt like I was once again going to pass out, a huge wave of dizziness flushed over me my stomach twisted and turned like a flowing water fall, my paw burning like fire. I could feel the bear trap tightening on my paw, soon it would reach the bone and crack it, that was it's job.

I tried once again to pull my body weight up to grab the chain, but I flopped back down. I felt the bear trap drop, my heart skipped a beat. The part that was stuck in the ground was losing its grip and I was going to go plunging into the rushing currents below me. "DJ!" Aphmau yelled out again starting to panic, she grabbed the chain and held onto it tightly tucking on it lightly "Don't! If I fall I'll drag you down with me... Go get some help, maybe the horses could pull me up but you'll need the work horses!"

"Can't you swap into your human form and pull yourself up? or atleast be light enough for me to help? I want to help you! I can't just leave you to fall!" "Can't I'm too weak.... It'll just force me back into my giant wolf form. You'll just have to leave me" "What about your small wolf form?" "If I do the bear trap will instantly snap threw my bone"  Aphmau cringed at the thought of the bear trap cutting off my paw, I felt the bear trap drop more, I breathed in sharply feeling my skin being ripped. I clenched my jaw tightly trying not to cry in pain "Please... Go get help" I said between clenched teeth.

As Aphmau got up to run the bear trap fell, I screamed falling into the water below "DJ!" Aphmau screamed at the top of her lungs her voice breaking afterwards, Once I hit the water pain hit me hard in the face, Like getting slapped as hard as possiable by a human hand. I gasped but instead of getting air in my lungs I caught water in my lungs, I gaged and coughed. Blood filling  the water as I was being washed away, the bear trap restraining my paw from moving. There was no point and even trying to swim, I don't know how to...

I got pulled under but felt a sharp pain in my back paw where the bear trap was, the bear trap chain was stuck between to rocks and I was stuck under the water constantly being tucked at by the quick currents, I held my breath and attempted to open the trap failing every attempted I couldn't even pull myself close to the chain, I felt pain in my chest I had no more air in my lungs and I was trapped... I never thought that I would die from being  drown... I always thought maybe Laurence would stab me, or I would die saving one of the pack mates, or saving Lady Aphmau... Drowning would be my last guess for my death..

Just as I thought I was going to pass out a huge wave rushed over me breaking the chain and allowing me up for air, I coughed and gulped for air ready to be pulled down once again, the currents rushed forcing me to hit every rock that I went near, pain rushing through my body when I was quickly forced into a giant rock, hitting my paw and head hard. I felt dizzy as I saw stars and everything spun or maybe it was just me spinning in the water either way I was getting tired and dizzy. Soon ready to give up, I pushed on my front paws swiping one than the other soon doing the same with my good back paw than... I got cocky and tried to use my back paw with the bear trap. I flinched instantly yelping.

Attempting to swim put me in pain, holding my breath put me in pain... I might as well just give up trying to survive this... and just take a deep breath while under water, that'll stop the pain... right? I closed my eyes and straightened my spine but just as I opened my mouth to take a breath I was rushed into a rock head first getting instantly knocked out.