Chapter 5

For the next few weeks, neither boy so much as mentioned the kiss. Scorpius continued to swoon over Rose, and Albus continued to keep all his feelings to himself. Albus still wouldn't admit how he felt about Scorpius, not even to himself. Then, one night, the two boys were studying in the common room. It was just the two of them, and they were laughing and making fun of poor Professer Longbottom. Then, out of nowhere, Scorpius spoke up. "Albus, I don't think we can be friends anymore." Albus froze, trying to digest this. He couldn't. "W-what do you mean?" Albus scooted back on the couch, avoiding Scorpius' eyes. "My feeling for you have changed. I no longer just think about you as a friend, Ablus," he said. Scorpius felt like he was going to vomit. This was terrifying. "Scorp...? What do you mean?" Ablus asked, still avoinding his gaze. "I mean.... I mean.... I-I'm in love with you, Albus Severus Potter." Albus swallowed, and he too felt sick. "I....I think I'm in love with you too," he stated, and Scorpius smiled. Albus leaned forward and kissed Scorpius, snaking his arms around his waist. Scorpius moved forward, straddling Albus on the Slytherin couch. Scorpius moaned and opened his mouth slightly. Albus pushed against his open mouth, opening it further. Scorpius broke away, coming up for air. Albus laughed a bit, then took Scorpius' hand and they walked upstairs, hand in hand.