Chapter 16:Doubts

Liza POV

''Dani, I don't know''I sigh as her and I sit at the kitchen table looking over the UCLA.'University of California .'.''Liza this is huge.How can you turn down this big of an opportunity?''she asks looking me in the eye.''It's just, just''i sigh not being able to come up with the right words.''Exactly Liza, you can't come up with the right answer because there isn't one''Dani smirks crossing her arms over her chest.''Dani, it's my life.I deal with every fucking little thing how I want to.And i'm not going to fucking California to some stupid College''I sigh throwing my head back, closing my eyes just thinking on how I should handle this.But, I know Dani's right.''Liza''Dani sighs ''this is a big opportunity.You just can't turn it down.You can get your degree and major in what you love.And you know what that is?''she says ''dancing Liza.Dance is your passion.Ever since we were little you always said that you wanted to be a major in dance.You just can't turn this down.I know you want to go but you don't wanna hurt the people you're leaving behind.Who the hell cares.It's your descion.It's your life.You make the descion that you wanna go.And you make the descion that you wanna stay.What ever descion it is that you make.We'll all be here for you.And i'll stick by you Lize.You know you want to do this''Dani says leaning over the table as I look at her then back at the acceptance letter.''It is a pretty huge opportunity''I whisper.''Beyond huge Lize''Dani whispers.''How am I supposed to leave everyone Dani.I mean, I can't just leave the people I love.It wouldn't be fair to them''I sigh not being able to make up my mind.''You know what's not fair?''she pauses ''them holding you back.''she whispers loud enough for me to hear.''They're not holding me back''I sigh.''Then what is Liza''She asks me.''Everything in this fucking town is holding me back.If I leave to go to L.A i'll have to break someones heart.And I can't do that to him.I'm just a gernade ready to blow up.I don't wanna hurt him or anybody else''I sigh standing up and pacing back and forth infront of table.''Anyone would be glad to have their heartbroken by you Liza.''Dani smiles.''I just don't want anyonre hurting because of me''I whisper tears welling up in my eyes.I put my hands on the table and lean on it.''I just can't make up my mind.My hearts telling me to do one thing but my minds telling me to do another''I sigh wiping the tears away.''You walk''Dani says walking towards the kitchen door.''What?''I ask her ''clears the head.Your mind might tell you to do one thing.But your heart will lead you where you need to go''she pauses turning around, her back facing me.''It always does''she says looking at me then walking out of the room.I sigh.She's right.I walk into the living room and grab my shoes pulling them onto my feet.I right a quick note and leave it on the coffee table.I grab my phone putting it on shuffle then putting my earbuds in.I head out walking down the street.

I walk through the door putting my keys on the table then making my way into the kitchen where of course, everyone would be.I walk in and all eyes land on me.''Why didn't you tell me''Luke asks raising the piece of paper in the air.My acceptance letter.''Luke, I was gonna-'' ''save it Liza.You're going to leave Sydney to go to L.A''he asks as everyone leaves giving us some space.''I got that letter weeks ago.I just showed Dani it this morning.What the hell am i supposed to do''I ask him.''Dani already told me what you were talking about this morning.''he sighs.''You were planning to break up with me''he whispers.''I wasn't meaning to Luke.I just, I just thought that if I leave you won't have to burden with missing me.We'll be 3,000 miles away.''I choke up after the last word ''you're not a burden Liza.I love you''he whispers wraping his arms around me.''I love you too''I whisper burying my face in his chest.