Chapter 3 : Convicted

This time, it was clear enough for us that Mrs.Handerwick wasn't letting us go. She locked all of us in our cells. Little did she knew, I was keeping a copy of her key stuffed in my pillow. Amaya was directly sent in the main office after the main nurse found out that she wasn't sick.

Lexi and I remained worried because we haven't heard from her since. Lexi started getting paranoid about the nurses giving Amaya more "medecine" and keeping her locked away from us. I had to tell her several times that our friend was alright and that she wasn't going to end up like Addyson.

L : Seriously, Brook... Aren't you worried..? It has been four days since we last heard of Amaya... I'm starting to think that those guards killed her or Mrs.Handerwick....

B : Oh My God, Lex! SHUT UP! Your paranoia is starting to freak me out... Amaya is fine, alright?! She might just be tired and she'll come back in a few days.

L : I hope you're right, Brook... Amaya would never lie to us, would she?

B : Hell no, Lex.

As we were ending our conversation, Mrs.Handerwick came to my room and gave me what she used to call "my candy". Actually, it was my medical treatment. Apparently, I was addicted to the idea of escaping and she wanted to keep me away from my friends.

She stood in front of me and told me that everything was fine with Amaya and that she was just sleeping. Yeah right... Oh, and she also told me that we were all going to be transferred in another orphanage. Like hell I was going to believe her!

Later that night, Mrs.Handerwick gathered all of us in the main room, saying that she had important business to discuss. I purposely sat next to Amaya, trying to find out more informations about that new "asylum" we would be convicted.

A : What are you doing, B? I can't be seen around you! You are crazy as hell!

B : Relax, Ama... I just want to learn about that new...