Chapter 5 : The betrayal

A few days later, I had woken up in my bed, a towel on my forehead. A nurse was sitting towards me and she kept repeating that I was a sick child. I struggled to talk since the impact of my head against the wall had affected my talking capacity.

N : Poor little child... Here, let me check your injuries and change your plasters...

B : Hpmh... L.. Le... Lexi...?

N : Shh... You're too tired to hang out anywhere...

B : Wha... Lexi... Where.. Where is she...?

N : Mrs.Baxter was forced to leave the sanitarium... She kept repeating that she would kill our queen if she kept threatening both of you, girl...

My blood iced up inside my veins... Lexi was gone ?? Something was definitely wrong... I had to find out why Lexi had left, and what she had told Mrs.Handerwick after I was transferred to that new local.

N : Oh, and Mrs.Baxter told the queen about your plan for escaping... You should never have done this, Kira...

B : I... I'm...

There it goes again, I fell unconscious long enough for the nurse to give me a new shot of that serum. My veins became black, and when I opened up my eyes, they were shining, just like tiny black crystals.

The fact that Lexi had betrayed me was hard to swallow. She would never have done this to me, or to Amaya... The nurse had left the cell's door opened. I took the opportunity to leave and run as far as I could.

As I turned in an hallway, I heard someone shout my name. I turned and I noticed a cell's door, opened. I pulled my head in the opening of the door and I saw a little girl, holding a doll.

Tears were streaming down her face as she cried to me : "Help me, Kira..."