Chapter 9 : The secret office

I looked at Amaya and we both waited until the three of them decided to leave us behind. All this time, there was a secret office !? Are you kidding me ! This secret office thing is our only chance to finally escape and turn this sanitorium to the police.

We both separated our ways and we started to look for the office Mrs. H was talking about. I walked to an hallway and I noticed a window with a sign "PRIVATE ! KEEP OUT". I screamed and said : I THINK I GOT IT, AMA !

As I was going to turn the doorknob, a second alarm screamed. Frightened, I placed my hand against the wall, where a blade was trespassing. The blade cut my hand severely. Blood was pooling out of my hand, leaving a huge spot on the floor.

Amaya grabbed my other arm and we started running. She stopped and ran back to the door, kicking it hard enough for it to open. We both ran in and we closed the door. No one found us and we kept it quiet.

Mrs.H : They were here, there's blood on the ground ! FIND THEM GUARDS! KIRA CAN'T ESCAPE.

We waited again and then, we started searching in that office. There was plenty of boxes filled with files. There wasn't any way that we were going to find our files in all those boxes. Amaya and I split up so we could cover more ground, searching in one and another box to find what we were seeking.

After about an hour of searches, Amaya looked at me, holding a file with her name written up. She placed the file on a table and she looked inside.

"Amaya Waterfalls. Five-years-old. Diagnosed with mental deficiency, paranoïa, schizophrenia and PTSD following her parent's death in 1990.

-Amaya's been holding on pretty badly, she's talking to herself each and every night. She's now sixteen years old. She's cured from her schizophrenia and her PTSD, but her paranoïa is still very high."

A : Damn... That witch had been on my back since the very beginning... Have you found your file yet, Brook ?

B : No... But I found Amethyst's...