Chapter 10 : The truth comes out

B : Should I read it, Ama... I mean, that girl was really weird, but...

A : No. Leave it there, Brook... That information is confidential.

B : May I remind you that she kept calling me "Kira" for absolutely no reason ?

A : And...? Look, I'm not going to decide for you. Read it if you want, I don't care.

B : Oh, fine...

After arguing with Ama, I decided that it was better for Amethyst's sake if I just left the file where it belonged. I kept searching for mine. Another hour passed and I had found Lexi's file, Amethyst, Amber, another girl who had been with us... But, no sign of mine.

As I was going to sit on a chair, I accidently knocked a box, making its content fall to the ground. Then, I noticed a file... "Brooklyn Andrews". I screamed when I noticed a huge spider crawling on my file. My face became pale as I screamed loudly.

Amaya ran closer to me and she stepped on the spider so fast that all we heard was "Squish". Both of us looked down in disgust, then, she grabbed my file and gave it to me, making sure that there wasn't any cobwebs or anything gross.

I then threw the file on the table and sat down, reading each and every page.

"Brooklyn Kira Andrews. One-year-old.

Parents : Amanda Maria Bartlett & Stanley Andrews.

Siblings : Jordan Bartlett (deceased, five-years-old.) & Sarah Kira Andrews (adoptive sister, alive, twelve now eighteen-years-old.)

B : WHAT THE HELL ?? Amaya ! Come see this !

I gave her the file and sat down, in total disbelief, tears rolling down my cheeks. I had a sister named Sarah this whole time and no one ever told me ?! I guess it's all starting to make sense now... This whole "Kira" thing... Are they confusing me with my sister ? Is Brooklyn my real name ?