Chapter 3: One Mistake Can Lead To Trouble

"What's got you so interested on that whore Iris?" Questioned Evelyn as she gave Cymbeline a skeptical glance, taking another sip of her drink waiting for an answer.

"Her twin sister Ivy came by my office earlier spouting that she'd been kidnapped... all I got out of her was that Iris worked here... which is why I'm asking if you've seen her cause you work here everyday" Answered Cymbeline as she glanced over towards Evelyn, resting her arms on the bars surfaced parallel to each other.

"You know my information ain't cheap Cymbeline" Replied Evelyn in a slight seductive tone, raising her eyes brows up and down a couple of times.

"I know it's not Evelyn... does fifty cover it?" Asked Cymbeline as she reached slightly down her cleavage, pulling out a $50 banknote and placing it down on the bar surface.

"Hmmmm... maybe" Replied Evelyn as she cupped her chin with her thumb and forth finger, making it seem like her information would be worth more than that.

"Alright... here" Said Cymbeline as she again reached back down slightly into her cleavage, pulling out another two $50 banknotes and placing them down on top of the previous one.

"Alright I'll tell you what I know" Replied Evelyn as she grabbed the money, tucking it securely down the front of her dress as she leaned again the bar surface.

"I saw Iris a couple of days ago with James" Answered Evelyn as she stared directly into Cymbeline's eyes, then turning her gaze to her drink as she took another sip of it.

"Any idea where they might've gone?" Questioned Cymbeline as she placed a hand on the right side of her face, leaning her right elbow on the bar surface as she looked over at Evelyn.

"If I'm honest I don't know... and I couldn't give two f**ks... but thinking back to it she had this strange scent on her... like salty very similar to the ocean" Answered Evelyn as she gently ran a finger around the rim of her now empty glass, not even giving a sh*t about Iris and what she got up to.

"Thanks Evelyn... And here for the help last week" Replied Cymbeline as she grabbed another $50 banknote out of her cleavage, placing in onto the bars surface and sliding it closer to her.

"Cymbeline... is there no one you can turn to help you with your brother?" Questioned Evelyn as she grabbed the banknote and putting it with the other three down her dress, have a concerned expression covering her face and emerald green eyes.

"The last person I tired to turn to for help... they lost it at me and wanted nothing to do with me again... there is no one for me to turn to now" Answered Cymbeline as she gently rested a hand over her eyes, trying to hold back any tears from falling.

Jolting back slightly when she touched the scar running down her face. Lightly slamming her fist down on the bar surface to stop her from swearing in pain. Making the glasses shake slightly as she let the tears roll down her face.

"So that's why you haven't mentioned Ezra in a while... did he really lose it at you for that?... I thought you finally told him you liked him and it back fired?" Questioned Evelyn as she rested a hand on Cymbeline's shoulder, seeing the devastation covering her entire face and eyes.

"Yeah well... I didn't exactly get that far... I tired to tell him about my family and the real truth I hid from him... Ezra was so pi**ed that he couldn't contain his anger and just... just said so much sh*t to me and I left... haven't seen him since" Cried Cymbeline as she tried to hide the fact it had destroyed her emotionally, as well as all the other stuff she was trying to deal with.

Ezra suddenly felt a slight pain in his chest. Seeing his old partner in tears was devastating to him. Not realising that he maybe cared more for her than just a work partner...

"If he cares... he'll come back... trust me" Said Evelyn as she moved into the seat next to Cymbeline, embracing her lightly as Cymbeline continued to cry on her shoulder.

"Thank you" Mumbled Cymbeline into Evelyn shoulder, now starting to clam down letting her emotions free after having them pent up for so long.

"Uhhh... you two you might wanna break it up... James is about to walk through the door" Interrupted Xavier as he tapped both of the girls on their shoulders, making all three of them look over towards the entrance doors.

Ezra turned his gaze to follow the other three's. Seeing three men in suits walking through the doors, all in a formed line. The two on the ends wearing black midnight suits with black bow ties. Silver cuff links on the edge of their shirt sleeves, both of them had brown slick backed hair. One with dull blue eyes and the other with dark and mysterious brown.

The bloke in the middle was James D'Amico with slick back hair, his eyes a Persian blue identical to Cymbeline's. A faint scar running over his left cheek. Their navy blue suit put neatly on his muscular figure. Silver cuff links locked neatly on his wrists. His eyes were looking dead ahead of him. Xavier, Evelyn and Cymbeline were all looking directly back at him. A devilish smirk became plastered on his lips as he made eye contact with Cymbeline. Making her tremble on the inside as she shifted in her seat slightly.

Boldly he strode over towards the bar, taking a glance at seating arrangement of his club. Easily noticing Ezra sitting in the centre of the room. Not taking any notice of him as he continued to make his way to the bar with his goons either side of him.

"Think you can handle him?" Whispered Evelyn as she glanced over worriedly at Cymbeline, knowing full well something was going to happen if she wasn't careful.

"I'll be fine... I'm still alive aren't I?" Whispered Cymbeline as she gave Evelyn a slight nod, turning her gaze back to James and his goons.

"Well... well... well if it isn't my baby sister" Said James as he grabbed under Cymbeline's chin, making their eye contact direct, short, and... deadly.