Chapter 5: The Past No One Knew

By the time Ezra had come around from the black out, he had Evelyn and Xavier standing beside him. Realising that he was still in the club, a part even he had never seen before. Both of them noticed that he'd finally woken up, worried that he wouldn't ever coke around. Rubbing his head slightly as he sat up, noticing he was laying down on a Sofa. Black and silky to the touch.

"Take it easy you crazy f**k" Said Evelyn as she sat down on the table opposite the sofa, crossing her legs as she rested her arms beside her.

"You just got shot Ezra... just take it easy would you" Interrupted Xavier as he closed the medical box, kneeling on the floor just beside Ezra.

"How do you know so much about Medical attention?" Questioned Ezra as he inspected the bandaged gun shot wound on his leg, seeing how professional it was done.

"You can Thank Cymbeline for that skill... she uses it all the time the poor f**k" Stated Xavier as he got up off the floor, walking over to a cabinet and placing the medical box back inside.

That's when Ezra finally got a proper look at the room he was in. Clearly it was a staff room but just as luxurious as the Club itself. Black cabinets strung around the walls of the room. Lights dotted around the ceiling, giving a perfect array of lights in the room. Silky seats of black and red set perfectly around a round table. A few appliances scattered around on polished marble worktops, giving the place a cozy warm feeling.

"Don't say it like that... it didn't always used to be like that for them" Said Evelyn as she looked over towards Xavier, both of them really knowing what she was getting at.

"What do you mean?" Questioned Ezra as she raised an eyebrow slightly, not even having a clue as to what the pair of them were even talking about.

"We knew what they were like before they grew up... a time when they were like an actual family... rather than this bloody hell they're living like" Answered Xavier as he strolled back over to the table, pulling out a chair as he took a seat looking over at Ezra on the sofa.

"Their Father Vincent D'Amico... was the Mafia King before he died of natural causes... twisted James up to be just like him a complete and utter Psycho... Cymbeline mainly took after her Mother Quinn D'Amico... one of the best Officer in the NYPD... her life didn't last long until James stuck a bullet in her head... it didn't take long for him to take the Mafia Crown in the City and start putting his sister through Hell" Started Xavier as he rested on leg over the other, crossing his arms over his chest as he lent back in the chair giving Evelyn a signal for her to continue.

"Cymbeline started working in the NYPD having a couple of connections from her Mother... starting at the bottom at climbing her way to the top... and sure enough in no time she was at the top of game... then James found out about that and he was pi*sed... she tried to leave America and live her life somewhere else... but James got to her before she could even leave, slitting the back of her neck wide open and leaving her to die in her apartment... that's when she left the NYPD and became her own detective or in this case a Private Eye... and here we are now them two at each other's neck all the time" Finished Evelyn as she hopped of the table, walking over and sitting in he sofa just beside Ezra.

"I think it's time I finally solved this case... and set Cymbeline free form this hell she's living in" Said Ezra with a hint of confidence in his tone, standing up from the sofa as he glanced down at Evelyn.

"Well I know where I'm gonna head to ask some questions... are you two going to join me?" Questioned Ezra as he held out a hand towards Evelyn, glancing over his shoulder to give Xavier a half smile.

"I'll tag along" Answered Evelyn as she gripped Ezra's hand, pulling herself up and standing by his side.

"I could do with a breath of fresh air" Answered Xavier as he stood up from his seat, walking over to the pair of them and standing by their sides.

"Well... seeing as there is so many car accidents occurring recently... I know exactly who to ask about them" Stated Ezra as he walked over to the exit door, pushing it open as he looked over his shoulder at Evelyn and Xavier.

"Where are we going?" Questioned Evelyn as she glanced over at Ezra, not entirely sure where this was going to end up bringing them.

"We're going to see my Father" Answered Ezra as he walked out of the door, heading down a set of steps as he waited for the other two to catch up with him.

Once the three of them were together they walked out of another door. Leading them back into the Club, still lively and full of life.

"I've got my car parked around the back, we'll take that" Said Ezra as he strolled through the Club, paying no mind to what was even going on around him.

His mind was occupied with Cymbeline, thinking of the kind of life she could've had if he'd been there to protect her. Just to have kept her safe from whatever James had done to her. Soon without knowing the three of them had just walked out of the Club's main doors. Strolling down the street and to the car park. All of them making their way to Ezra's car, he unlocked it and everyone got in. Ezra in the drivers seat, Evelyn in the front passenger seat, and Xavier in the back middle seat.

Without hesitation Ezra fired up the engine and started to drive the car. Driving away from the bright lights and living city. Going back to the dark and dingy Downtown New York...