Chapter 3 // The Game

The game started not much later, they needed to talk. Well the came had already started, but now it really started. The first move was made, the first connections were made. Well better said Kara came with the suggestion for Lena to meet her family. Make her think she trusts her. So when they slowly walk to some room, to talk better Lena explained, Kara states "You do need to meet my family." Lena only hums in agreement and keeps walking. 

She opens a massive wooden door to some sort of living room. Lena casually walks to a couch that is in front of the fireplace. Kara joins beside her and says "You probably know them already, don't you." The smirk on Lena's face gives it away... "So that's a yes... and what do you think about my sister then?" 

"She's nice. Quite the good sister, she has her faults but that doesn't matter. She will always be there for you. So she will also have the most problems with our relationship. And the other people you usually talk to are less dangerous. Except that James, he will hate my last name. But I won't care. He is an how do you call it? Asshole? Yes, asshole. He only thinks about himself. So you shouldn't feel bad when I revoke the protection he has the moment he says something bad. The others will of course keep their protection since they are family." Kara slowly nods and gulps her saliva down. Or Lena knows how to read people or she is completely wrong about James.

Lena puts a hand down on Kara's and says "Kara, I know this is all new for you. But relax. I have always protected you and your family. Nobody will hurt them, so you just need to relax." Kara looks shocked at her and asks that one question she can't stop thinking about "How many people or vampires did you kill for me?" 

Lena raises an eyebrow and looks down as if she is counting "Is the answer too many to count good enough? Because I know you don't want to know. The amount of vampires is quite big, that of humans is less than 20." Kara looks flabbergasted again and sits there with an open mouth. Lena looks at her with this concern in her eyes "I am sorry, I just- You- I couldn't let them hurt you. They all want to taste your blood, it is this lingering perfect smell. But we can't. They won't. They follow me or die. So they must follow my laws... and one of the laws is that nobody touches you or your friends and family. And just please accept it." Kara slowly nods and looks down. 

She thinks about what to do, what to do with the information and what to do about the fact that Lena killed for her. And not just one time. The game... checkmate. So that means she needs to kiss her, right? Give her hope, love. Let her believe this is all true. Yes, yes. So Kara groans and looks at Lena. Lena is about to say something when she moves forward, capturing Lena in a heated kiss. Lena is pushed down on the couch. Kara bites down Lena's lip which makes Lena open her mouth, giving entry for Kara's tongue to slip in. A battle for power starts over this rough and heated kiss.

Kara has the upper hand with being above Lena on the couch. When they part Kara is definitely out of breath and mutters something like "Thanks." Lena just grins and chuckles "No problem, darling." Pet-names... for some reason Kara truly likes it to be called darling or love. It just slips out perfectly from Lena with her Irish accent. Kara slowly sits up so that Lena can sit up and regains herself. 

Lena abruptly stands up and says "I must excuse myself. I need to grab a gift I had for you." And with that Lena is gone. Kara sighs, can she really do this? Be something she is not? Play with that thing even though she hasn't got a bad bone in her body. How in the world could she keep playing this game, win this game. When she is fighting internally with herself. Her heart vs her mind. Safety or power. Killing or controlling. Control sounds better, way better. Because killing is just wrong. Even though Lena is a monster, a bringer of death. 

Kara puts her head in her hands and murmurs something like "Fucking hell." The last couple of months changed Kara, when the first death from a vampire happened. She needed to be stronger, harder and faster. She needed to be smarter and wiser. But she couldn't do that at all, it was also the first time she truly swore. Just because the words rolled out of her mouth it didn't make her any stronger or smarter. No it gave her a way out of this in words. She doesn't like to swear but sometimes it is needed.

It's like Lena knew something is wrong because suddenly Kara feels a hand on her knee and looks at the person who is now squatting in front of her with again this concerned look on her face "Kara, are you alright? You know you can talk to me, right?" Kara slowly nods and stays silent. Lena just slowly rubs Kara's knee.

How in the world is Kara going to keep up this act if she is fighting herself. Look Lena might be nice and things like that... but she is a stalker and strange. And most importantly a murderer. And Kara hates murder, so what should she do... Alex could help... but then they could hear things. And maybe Lena won't leave her alone? So problems?