Chapter Seven~ Is it really true?

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

I've gotten quite used to those loud but, steady beeps. In some cases, they kept me calm when I was stuck in a hospital without anyone or anything to keep me company but the terrifying thoughts and memories that just spun around in my head over and over. Other times, they drove me absolutely insane! Those beeps that are used to represent my heart rate sometimes remind me that I am alive, even though I may not want to be. I guess it all depends on my mood. I honestly don't know how I feel about waking up to those beeps now. I don't know if I'm happy to be alive or upset that she didn't just kill me. I slowly opened my eyes and I immediately saw my dad sitting in a chair next to my bed. I could tell by his unshaven face that he hasn't left here since I've been in here. I actually don't know how many days I've been in here. It couldn't have been too long, right? I tried to sit up but my arm immediately started throbbing and it felt like I've been hit by a hammer repeatedly in the shoulder. What happened to me this time? I don't remember any of the events that lead up to me being brought here. My dad felt me try to sit up and immediately woke up.

"Kenzie you're finally awake! You've out for a while but the doctors told me that I needed to be patient and wait and that's what I did. I've been waiting right here for you to wake up." My dad started tearing up while he was talking. He kept avoiding eye contact with me and I don't know why, but I'm going to find out. Actually, I need to first find out what put me in here in the first place.

"Daddy what happened to me? How did I end up here?" I asked nervously. I was one hundred percent certain that it had something to do with my mother, but I just want to know how bad it was this time.

"You've been in here for about a month. You've been in a coma because of the blood loss and all the blows to your brain. You also have an concussion. That explains why you don't remember what happened. Your mom didn't like the idea of me taking you away from her. She went crazy. She beat you with her hand, foot, heel, and tried to shoot and kill you you but I scared her and she shot you in the shoulder instead of the heart. I took care of her and Jeff while you were out. All your things are already moved to my house so you don't even have to go to that hell house again. Everything will be okay from this day on. It's you and me kid." My dad said that with the biggest smile on his face.

A MONTH?!? I could not have been in here for a month! Was it really that bad? "Daddy can we go? I don't want to be here any longer. I want to go home. I've been in hospitals for too long" he kissed me on the forehead and he went to talk to the nurse. He came back and told me she said if he sign the forms then I can go. I'm getting really comfortable in hospitals, which isn't a good thing. Dad signed the papers and he told me to get my underwear on, but only if I could. It hurt but I did it. Dad carried me out to the car, buckled me up, closed my door, threw my bag of meds in the back seat, and jumped in.

"You hungry?" My dad said while pulling up into a Taco Bell. Dad knows that Taco Bell is my favorite but, I don't want to seem greedy, so I only got two tacos. We ate in the car and they were the best things in life. We finished up and got back in the car. I was really full so I fell asleep in the car but, dad woke me up like twenty minutes later because we were at the house. When I saw the house, I was speechless. It was beautiful. It was a four story tall brick mansion. It was beautiful. I would have never known that my father is rich.

"Come this way to your room." I followed him to this beautiful, large, amazing room. I had a full size queen bed, this beautiful hand-crafted mirror in front of the bed, my closet was full of old and new clothes, and I had my own shoe closet!!! He even put up my Pierce the Veil posters for me!!! I have a bandana rack hanging perfectly over my salon station. There is nothing that would make this place, this world, and my life even more perfect than it already is right now. I walked out onto my balcony in my room to greet some fresh air. All of a sudden, I see a really beautiful sight that caught my eye, which is hard to do. This guy was outside playing with some adorable little girl who was apparently playing dress up and hide and seek. He looked absolutely perfect, well, through my eyes at least. His hair is the perfect shade of black, and it's kind of medium length, which makes him flip it out of his face every once in a while. His hair helped his eyes stand out even more! He was taller than me and I like that. He isn't really pale, but not that tan either. I guess you can say he's in the middle. He's wearing a Pierce The Veil shirt with skinny jeans and black and white vans. He couldn't have looked more perfect. This place, my life, it all felt too perfect to be true. At the moment, I didn't care. I'm going to enjoy this fantasy while it lasts. If there isn't one thing I learned from that wicked bitch I was forced to call mom, I've learned that nothing is what it seems. I wonder how she's doing in jail. Is she getting beat up like she did me? Probably not. It doesn't matter though, she isn't in my life anymore and I refuse to let the memories that I have ruin my fantasy that I'm having right now. My thoughts were interrupted by my father.

"

Well Kenzie, it's you and me now. Things are going to be different. Your life is going to be different. Things are going to change, change for the better. We can only go up from here and that's exactly what we're going. Everything's going to be okay now, I promise."

He doesn't know what he's talking about. We can go up but, there's always a way for us to go down. My life could change for better or worse. One thing I know, everything won't be okay, so he's making a promise he can't keep...

A/N:

HEY GUYS I MISSED YOU!!!! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating but it's been a lot going on with me starting school and stuff with my family, I've just been super busy but I'm going to try to start updating every other week. I missed you guys soooo much. I feel like this chapter is kinda suckish. I'm sorry lol. It was kind of rushed because I promised myself I was going to update a chapter tonight and it's four in the morning lol. But I couldn't go to sleep without updating, even if it's bad lol. I say lol a lot. Well guys I'm gonna sleep now. I love you guys!!!! Stay strong. Stay loving. Stay beautiful. Bye loves!!!!!

~Bailey