Facing the Giants (Movie Reflection)

The first time I heard the movie title, the first thing that enters on my mind are the fears and failures in life that is waiting for us to be crashed.

Facing the Giant is a story about a football team who never won in any competition. Coach Grant Taylor found out that he was losing his team so he make a move and change his philosophy. It’s about winning by putting God in the center of their play.

Strengthening our faith while in the midst of facing challenges in life is not that easy most especially when you are about to give up the important things you love. Most of the times, instead of gaining faith we prepare ourselves for the worst outcome.

But if we come to realize how unconditional his love is, all things are possible. His leading us the way to success and what we must do is to close our eyes and open our heart. For he guides us and light our path.

The scene that inspire me the most is when Brock Kelley, the most influential member of the team make his death crawl. He was said to make a 50 yards crawl but Coach Taylor convince him to crawl more and more and give all his best. In the end, Brock and the other member of the team was amazed when they found out that they reach the end zone.

Another scene is when David Childers is going to make a 41 yard kick. He was known as a short range kicker. He does'nt kick the ball yet but he already give up because its impossible for him to do what he is said to do but Coach Taylor convince him to trust on his feet and keep his faith burning that he can do it. In the end, he kicked the ball and made his first goal that declares their team to become the state champion with the score of 24-23.

God never quit on us. He never give problems that we can't handle. All we must do is to keep on trusting Him and be sure to keep the faith alive. For challenges are made for us to learn. Stay strong and give all your best into it just like Coach Grant Taylor do on his team. He never gave up and entrust it all to God.