Chapter Forty Two

Abigail's POV

Graduation has already come and gone, River and I managed to finish high school. I never though I'd have to waddle across stage nine months pregnant but I did. River thought it was kind of funny, he even walked to though he finished school by mail.

River talked me into moving in with him out at the farm though I was practically living there half the time anyways. The kids decided they wanted to spend some of the summer with their grandma so River is going to be driving them down there.

It's seven hours there and seven hours back I can't chance going on a ride like that because I'm so close to the end of my pregnancy so Amelia and I are going to stay home.

"You guys eat your breakfast and stop arguing." I tell them sternly. Zane is normally pretty behaved doesn't get in many arguments with his sisters reminds me a lot of River. It's been really rough on them losing their mom but they've been doing really well.

Molly flings her food across the table at Madison but some of it hits Amelia too. "God damn it Molly!" Amelia yells.

"Amelia!" I shout and try to contain the laughter at what my four year old just said. 

"What in the hell is going on in here?" River asks and then yawns tiredly as he walks over to the coffee pot.

"Molly is throwing food at Madison but it kinda hit Amelia." I giggle.

"Molly quit throwing food." River says sternly.

"But Madi-" River cuts Molly off.

"I don't care what Madison did Molly that isn't a reason to throw your food." River growls at her. She sighs and bows her head in defeat.

River comes up behind me as I'm scrubbing the frying pans I'd dirtied and trails kisses down my neck. "Do me a favor mama?" River asks.

"Hmm?" I hum.

"Don't like go into labor while I'm gone." He chuckles.

I giggle and nod "I'll try not to." 

"Best cross them legs." He laughs I turn and swat at him but he moves away to quickly. When the kids are done eating I take Amelia up to give her a bath because she has food in her hair.

River comes walking in as I'm dressing Amelia. "I've got everything in the truck so I'm gonna head out." He says. I pick Amelia and stand on my toes to kiss him goodbye, he tangles a hand into my hair kissing me back roughly.

"I love you have a safe trip." I tell him.

"I love you too mama." He says kissing my forehead. He takes Amelia from me kisses her and hugs her tightly. 

"I wanna go." Amelia whines.

"Amelia-" I start.

"It's fine I mean she can go with if she really wants to it's a really long drive though bug." River says sternly looking at her.

She shrugs. "I wanna go with you daddy." 

River kisses her on the head. "Well that settles that, I guess you get the house to yourself mama." He says smiling at me.