Chapter 6- Josh

Beeeeeeeep.
   Josh groaned.
   Beeeeeeep.
   Where was he?
   Beeeeeeep.
   Josh blindly searched for the thing that was making the noise. It was his alarm clock. He turned it off. He scanned his surroundings. He was in his bedroom. He exhaled the breath he didn't know he was holding. It was just a dream.
   But was it?
   Yes, it was, he told the bad part of him.
   Are you sure?
   Shut up!
   The little voice was quiet.
   Thank you.
   And now Josh was going crazy.
   He got up from his comfortable bed and got ready for the school day.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, Josh got to work on his hair. About 20--30 minutes later, his hair was perfect.
   He quietly went downstairs, backpack being dragged behind him. He grabbed a bagle from the fridge, toasted it, and spread some brown sugar cinnamon on top of it. He ate it quickly he took his car keys out of his pocket and started his blue Nissan IMx Kuro.
   With his backpack beside him, he ignited the engine and pulled out of the driveway. Not many cars were out and about at this time in the morning. Josh liked it that way. That meant nobody would yell at him if he started to sing.
   He opened his mouth and started, "Heaven knows I'm born too late for these ghosts that I chase. With tyese dreams, I inflate, painted skies in my brain. Every day, I'm Carl Sagan in space..."
   Josh sang until the very end. He started another one.
   "Once upon a thrill, from a kiss to a swill. We were swallowin' these nights like we had nine lives. Dead and gone so long, seventeen's so gone. Dead and gone so long, seventeen's so..."
   He finished that song too, and kept on singing songs until he got to his high school.

"Joshua Paulson?"
   "Here," he answered.
   His monotone voiced teacher went through the rest if the names. Slowly. A tortoise could've lapped Mr. Reynolds if it were a contest of the teacher talking and the tortoise crossing the finish line.
   The door opened and in stepped a red headed girl who looked strangely familiar.
   "Class, this is---"
   "Avery Rosette," she interuptted. Josh bit his cheek to keep from gasping. She was the girl in his dream. That's why he had felt like he'd seen her before.
   "Mr. Paulson, Miss Hill, and Mr. McMillan, you three will be in all of her classes so I expect you to show Miss Rosette where to go," he practically ordered.
   Josh had to resist the urge to salute and say, "Yes, sir," because he could get in trouble. Oh, what the heck, he said it anyways. People laughed.
   "Mr. Paulson, should you keep this act up, you may be spending more time with me," said Mr. Reynolds.
   Josh rolled his. "Okay," he said.
   "I'm serious, Mr.---" The bell interuptted him.
   Josh smirked. "That's my cue!" He walked up to Avery. "We have English first. That's Mrs. Frecon. Follow me."
   They walked together until they got to the English classroom and walked in. Josh took his usual spot, which was the desk in the far corner of the back. Surprisingly, Avery sat next to him.
   "Uh, why are you sitting here?" Josh said.
   Avery looked around. "Please don't call me crazy, but I had a dream about you...Josh."
   His eyes widened with suprise. How did she know his name? She missed the morning role-call thing. Maybe she was given a list. "What's her name?" He pointed to Kennedy.
   "Um, she looks like a Rose?" 
   "That sounds like a question."
   "Rose."
   "What?"
   "That's what I'm guessing. Rose."
   "It's actually Kennedy."
   "Oh." Avery looked down, probably disappointed.
   "But anyways," Josh started, "what ws your dream like?"
   Avery described how she was in this weird place and a dude set it on fire and there was a boy.
   Josh looked her dead in the eye. "I had the same dream."

A/N Hola, I'm going to start saying hello in different languages for this. I love this song I'm from Minnesota by Alex Frecon. To all y'all who live in Minnesota, you should check this out. If you aren't, it's still good.

MQotD: "I know very little about acting. I'm just an incredibly gifted faker."