Chapter 7: Tu as fait quoi Jérôme?

⬆You did what Jerome?⬆

Gordon POV.
"Hi, Jerome. Please. Take a seat. You know Mr. Cicero, from the show." Jerome sat beside Mr. Cicero and Rosalie sat beside Jerome.
"Yes, sir. Hello, Mr. Cicero."

"Good evening, Jerome."

"Do you know why you're here?"

"Did you find out who killed my mother?" Jerome his eyes filled up with tears

"You killed your mother, Jerome." My face showed no expression but Lee looked shocked.

"Quoi?" Rosalie whispered under her breath.

"Me?"

"You killed her up on that hill and Mr. Cicero let you clean up in his trailer. He told you to scratch the Satanist stuff on the hatchet and throw it off the bridge."

"Sir, that's absurd and - and offensive."

"But it's the truth. What I don't know is why this man risked so much to help you. I think he told you your his kid."

"You don't know what you're talking about. My father was a sea captain."

"Am I wrong, Mr. Cicero?"

"Yes." He answered looking at Jerome.

"He was a sea captain. His name was Sven Karlsen. He died at sea."

"What was the name of his ship?"
I asked.

"He worked on a lot of different ships."
Jerome stuttered.

"The one he went down in."
I asked.

"She never said."

"We can do a blood test to prove I'm right. It takes only half an hour to get a foolproof result. Isn't that right, Dr. Thompkins?"

"Yes."

"Save yourself a needle. I do hate needles. I'm sorry, Jerome."

"What are you talking about?" He whimpered.

"He's right. I am your father."

"No, you're not. Why would you say that?"

"You must have suspected the truth."

"You're not my father. My mother would never..."

"Your mother was a cruel woman; she was often unkind to me, but she did once love me, in her way. And she loved you very much. That's why she gave you a better father."

Jerome first started to cry and let go of Rosalie her shaking hands.
But shortly after, his laughter filled the room what made Rosalie jump.
"My mother was a cold-hearted whore who never loved anyone. And she'd never touch a pathetic old creep like you."
Jerome his face became darker and he turned to Mr. Cicero.

"All these years, do you think I was kind to you because I'm such a good man? If I wasn't your father, would I help you as I have, after what you did?"

"My father Hm. I'll be damned. Oh, that's very funny. (chuckles) (laughs)
Ba-doom-shh! Looks like the bitch got me with a zinger in the end."

"Why did you kill your mother, Jerome?"
I asked, he turned to me and the grin on his lips disappeared.

"Oh, you know how mothers are. She just kept pushing. And I'm like, fine, mom. Be a whore. Be a drunken whore, even. But don't be a nagging drunken whore. Do you know? Don't come to yell at me to do the dishes if you've been banging a clown in the next room! You know?"
He leaned in closer and started to laugh hysterically.
"But she pushed it over the edge when she started to beat up Rosalie too."

My eyes drifted off to Rosalie's eyes watering up.

Rosalie POV.
I sat on a chair while Jérôme was put into the cell.
"Pourquoi tu ne me l'as pas dit?"
Why didn't you tell me?

"Because I thought you would leave me." He whispered so I only could hear it.

"J'ai promis de me souvenir"
I promised remember?

"What are they saying? Something about souvenirs or so?" Bullock asked Lee.

"My Spanish is better than my French, but I can try to translate. And no that's not what she said.
"She says she promised him and wouldn't leave him, but she doesn't understand why he didn't tell her anything."

"Jérôme, Je l'ai dit avant que tu me sauves la vie et tu es mon ami, je ne vais pas juste te laisser derrière."
Jérôme I said it before you saved my life and you are my friend I'm not just going to leave you behind.

"Je t'aime Rosalie, ne l'oublie jamais."
I love you Rosalie don't ever forget that.

"Je t'aime aussi Jérôme."
I love you too Jerome.

I smiled and when the detective wasn't looking he kissed me quickly.
I chuckled and sat back down on the chair.

I watched Jérôme being transported into the Arkham van and tried to hold my burning tears.

After that, I went back to our trailer and sat down on the couch...

---------------------
Merci, so much for reading this book and hopefully also the first.
I put alot of work in this serie💙✨☺️