Chapter 1: Flashback

The turtles made it back to their sewer home. They had been out on patrol, when they got ambushed by The Foot. Though they held their ground, the leader, Leonardo, had ordered them to retreat. As they walked in, they were greeted by their worried father." My sons, what happened?" Raph, the second oldest explained how they were attacked, while Donnie patched up Mikey's wounds. Leo had hurried off to the dojo." I see" Master Splinter responded calmly, after hearing about the events that took place. The red masked turtle made his way to the dojo, to find his older brother there meditating."What was that for" he snapped. Upon hearing his voice, Leo flickered his eyes open to see Raph glaring at him." What are you talking about, Raph" Leo responded calmly. Taking a step back, Raph kicked the back of his brother's shell, making him fall forward. Getting up, Leo faced his younger brother." WHAT THE SHELL, RAPH." Raph just glared at him." We could have took those bots on. Instead we ran away like cowards." The two brothers circled each other, ready to attack." We couldn't stay and fight, Raph. Mikey was hurt and we were outnumbered." Without hesitation, Raph charged at Leo, his sais in his hands. Leo quickly dodged his attack." If I were leader, we would be stronger and we would have stayed and fight" Raph snapped at him, charging at his brother again." If you were leader we'd all be dead" Leo said, tripping Raph over." I'd be a better leader than you would, Leo" he growled looking up at him. Unaware to Raph, Leo actually took that in. Standing up, Raph pushed passed Leo." I'd be a better brother than you ever were." Leo eyes widen. What? Leo stood in the dojo for a moment, before running out and going to the topside. 

Leo's PoV

I was sitting on a rooftop, looking at the city below me. Ralph's words repeated over and over again in my head," If I were leader, we would be stronger and we would have stayed and fight". Maybe Raph was right. Being leader never really felt right to me, and if he became leader, he would left off the worry I had about losing my brothers. But then Raph would have that burden, being scared ever second of every day. I can't do that to him. The guys always did complain about how do I do things. Maybe giving the position to Raph won't be such a bad thing. I kept thinking about giving Raph the title, but how will I tell sensei.  Maybe I won't have to. I leaped from building to building, getting further away from the manhole which lead to the lair. I don't have to be leader, if I never return.

Sorry this chapter is so short, but it is just a flashback on what happened to Leo. I will update soon enough. Hoped you enjoy 😊