Chapter 5: What the shell

Donnie's PoV 

I was in my lab, looking at some old files, from when I was younger. There were mostly about the Kraang, but there were others filled with photos of the family, before Leo disappeared. What my son said early at dinner was quite shocking. He was always one to listen to directions, like my older brother. When he was born, Raph made us sware not to mention Leo, because he was a traitor or something. Though April really didn't want me to agree, we thought it would be best, since Leo wouldn't be around and they would start asking questions. I should probably check up on Ryan, to see how he's doing. As I made my way to my son's room, I noticed that it was awfully quiet. Weird, the t.v is usually on. I was soon in front of Ryan's door, that had a sign that said " Keep out". I slightly opened the door, and looked throught the crack, and what I saw shocked me. Nothing. I didn't see my son, asleep in his bed like a usually did. I started to panick. Maybe he's sleeping with on of the other children. As I checked each child's room, my worry grew into horrified. None of the children were in their beds. I quickly ran into my brother Ralph's room." RAPH WAKE UP" I hollered. In reaction, Raph woke up punching me in the face." DONNIE!!! What the shell are you doing" he asked checking if he had hurt me badly. I nodded my head and took a deep breath." The kids, they're all gone." Ralph's eyes widen. He ran out the door to wake Mikey, while I went to call April.

Hello

" April, is Ryan or any of the kids at your place?"

No, why. Are they not there?

" No and none of them took their T-phones and I'm so worried about Ryan."

I'll be there in a few minutes, we'll find him Donnie.

April hang up. Great now I got April worried." Donnie come quick" Mikey's voice rang. I ran to the living room, where my brothers were." What did you find them" I asked. Instead of answering, Raph lifted his arm and pointed towards the exit of the lair. There stood a shadow. I took a closer look and saw who it was. I gasped in shock. Leo! And he wasn't alone, in his arms was an unknown women, who looked to be unconscious. " I need your help." 

No one's PoV

The three turtle brothers were eyeing their supposedly dead brother. Leo was sitting next to the couch, where the young women layed." Is she going to be okay D" he asked not taking his eyes off her. Donnie looked at the notes in his hands." Yeah she'll be fine, she just needs to rest." Leo sighed in relief. Raph stomped up next to his older brother." Okay, she's fine. Now care to tell us where you've been all this time, and who the heck is she" Raph snarled pointing at the women. Leo simply nodded his head." Okay, so where do I begin?" The brothers gathered around so they can hear Leo's tale.

Flashback

It has been about a month since Leo lift his family. He would still see his brothers patrolling the city, sometimes looking for him. Leo was on a rooftop, watching his brother Raph give some orders around. Sensei must have made him leader. A noise from behind startled Leo. Quickly, he unsheathed his blades, ready for an attack." Who's there" he called out to the shadow. Two eyes appeared out of no where." Come out, now." Hesitantly, a young lady with black hair came out with her hands up." Please don't hurt me" she pleaded. Leo simply glared at her." Why were you watching me." The girl looked into Leo's eyes. Her's were dark blue." I wanted to know why you were following those other mutant." Leo, thinking she wasn't a threat, put his ninjatos away." I'm Lotus" the girl said, raising her arm up for a hand shake. Hesitantly, Leo shook her hand." Leo. My name is Leo." Leo and Lotus talked for a while, not noticing that the Leo's brothers had left. Apparently Lotus had seen the turtles about a year ago, she never told anyone, and all she wanted to know was what were they. They two teens had a lot in common. They both loved Space Heros, they enjoyed meditation, and they were both the oldest siblings. Lotus had two younger sisters." Well I have to go" Leo said, getting ready to jump on the the next building." Wait, when will I see you again" Lotus asked, reaching out for Leo. Leo gave the girl a small smile." I'd like to see you tomorrow." Lotus nodded her and agreed to meet here tomorrow." Bye Leo."

" Goodbye, Lotus."

End of Flashback

As Leo finished his tale, from when he met the women, now known to the turtles as Lotus, Donnie brought in some tea for his older brother, while Mikey got the first aid kit from Donnie's lab, so he could patch up a few cuts that Leo had." Okay, so then what happened" Mikey asked curiously. Leo continued." Well after me Lotus started to see each other more often, some feelings started to grow, and soon we were together. After a few more months, we got married and..." " WAIT HOLD UP. Are you telling us you got married with her" Raph exclaimed, pointing at Lotus." Yes...don't interrupt. Anyway we got married and settled down, since you guys were fighting every villain, we rarely had a reason to train at all." Leo instantly stopped telling his story when a small groan was heard. Leo looked at Lotus who was opening her eyes." L...leo?" Leo rested one hand on her shoulder." I'm here Lolo, don't worry" Leo reassured her. Lotus placed a hand on her head, and sat up." W...where are...w...we?" " We're at my old home." Lotus looked up at the turtles behind her husband. Mikey was waving and smiling at her, Donnie looked as confused as heck, and Raph was just glaring at her." Wait where are the girls" Lolo asked in a worried tone. Leo replied in Japanese so that his brothers wouldn't understand, hopefully."  Hasu watashi wa mada karera no uchi no musume ni tsuite hanashite inainode, sorera o genkyū shinaide kudasai" he said.( I won't tell you what it means or else it will ruin the surprise, and please do not look it up, but if you really want to, go ahead. You've been warned). Though none of the turtles could fully figure out what Leo said, Donnie understood " Genkyū shinaide" which meant " don't meantion them". Mention who Donatello thought. Was Leo not telling us something." Who is she talking about Leo" Raph questioned. Leo was silent for a moment, before answering." She's talking about her two sisters, we were with them when The Foot attacked us" Leo lied." Wait The Foot? They're back." Leo sighed, not wanting to tell his brothers the whole story." We'll sort of..." Lotus replied." You see, apparently Shredder had a young apprentice, and when you guys defeated him, she vowed that she would have her revenge. She found me and Leo, and she attacked us. Then..." Lotus paused. Leo wrapped has arm around her, pulling her close." Then... she took my sisters" Lotus said stumbling over the word sisters. Before any more can be said, four young kids walked into the lair.