Chapter 4: Friend or Foe

Irrilia's PoV

What? Leo, who the shell is that? I looked at Gabby, who was slamming her head on the table, muttering something, I couldn't understand. My father looked furious, as if the question bothered him. In fact, all the grown ups looked angry. Why?" Where the shell did you hear that name" my father growled. Luke looked as confused as I was." I...I" Ryan hesitated. Gabby's head shot up." SHUT UP" she screamed at him. My eyes widen. Gabby was always the kind, sweet and funny one, she never screamed unless she was really ticked off." Shut up, don't say anything else." Ryan backed away from her." Gabby, watch the language" uncle Mikey snapped. Gabby sat back down, still glaring at Ryan." Now Ryan, where did you hear that name" Raph repeated. Ryan stayed silent." I...I went through the Blue Door." WHAT!" The Blue Door, what did you see" Luke said jumping out of his chair. Ryan handed me a picture. I saw the family, and a strange turtle. He didn't look familiar. Leo I guessed. Luke snatched the photo out of my hands." Who's that" he asked Mikey pointing at the stranger. Donnie sighed." It's time we told them guys." Told us what?" A long time ago, when we were 16, we had..."" DONNIE, WE SAID WE'D NEVER TALK ABOUT HIM" my father snapped. I bolted out of seat." We deserve to know the truth, whatever it is" I snap. My uncle continued." We had an older brother. His name was Leo." Mikey lowered his head, even Raph seemed sad. Another brother? Why isn't he here with us?" Why isn't he here with us" Gabby asked mimicking my thoughts." Because he's dead" Mikey replied. Ryan who was quite, lowered his head. Luke went to comfort his sister, who didn't look so well. I felt so much sadness in me. I didn't even know Leo, and yet I feel so close to him. I narrowed my eyes at Mikey. Something about the way he said that his brother was dead, didn't feel right." Now..." my father started." since it's late, and we are all very tired, we won't discuss your punishment now, Ryan." Raph left to go to bed, followed by Donnie, then Mikey. Ryan stopped out of the kitchen." Um... where are you going, your room is that way" Luke stated to Ryan who was heading to the opposite direction." I ain't going to my room." I widen my eyes. Ryan was someone who listened to instructions, but from going through the blue door, to not listening to Raph, I am starting to doubt him." You know what, you've never been to the topside" Ryan started. My eyes widen, surly he wasn't saying what I think he was saying, right." OH NO!! We are not going out there, you know all the stories uncle Raph tells us, it's dangerous" Luke complained." Besides, what if Leo died out there" I comment. Maybe that's why they never let us out, because their brother died on the topside, but I really want to go." Okay then, it's a deal" Ryan's voice said snapping me out of my thoughts." Wait what" I asked confused. Instead of answering, Gabby, Luke and Ryan ran out the lair." Where are you going" I cried after them." Topside." Wait, no." Don't follow them, let them get in trouble" I kept telling myself. Oh, but I really want to go." NO, listen to my head, not my heart." I stopped for a second." Yet my head is making me talk to myself."  A small smile started to form." NO, NO. I have to be responsible" I stated. I turned my head back to where my cousins disappeared to." Starting first thing tomorrow." With that I rushed out the lair.

No one's PoV

Ryan lifted the manhole above his head." All clear" he told the others. As he helped Gabby and Luke out, Irrilia, who had joined her cousins not long ago, was looking at all the city lights" Oh my...guys check this out." The kids gasped as they finally saw the city they've been longing to see. It was beautiful." Come on, let's check it out" Ryan said climbing up, out of the ally." Um... where ya going" Luke asked looking up at Ryan." Well, in all the stories uncle Raph, Mikey and my father Donnie told me, was that they traveled on the rooftops of New York. So that's what we're going to do." As the others followed Ryan to the roof, they made sure they stayed in the shadows, hidden. Ryan kept looking out to the city, thinking of his father, when he was younger, meeting his mother. Irrilia just kept thinking about if there was danger around every corner, but Gabby and Luke were dying to go all over the city." What should we check out first" Ryan asked the team. Irrilia thought of all the places their fathers said they went when they vpcame here. Only one popped in her head." How about T.C.R.I." Gabby immediately disagreed." Isn't that the place where they said the Kraang were." Ryan's parents had lots of pictures of the villains they faced and amount those pictures, were the Kraang. They were responsible for their parents getting mutated." But dad said they defeated them" Luke argued. While Gabby and Luke were " discussing" weather or not to go to T.C.R.I ( if it was even still around) Irrilia and Ryan sat on the edge of a roof, looking at the streets below them." I wonder how it happened" Irrilia asked out of the blue ( blue get it because...nevermind). Ryan who had no idea what she was talking about stayed silent." Wonder what happened" he finally asked." How our uncle died." This caught Ryan off guard. He hadn't really thought about how their uncle Leo died." Maybe he lost a fight." " To who?" Ryan couldn't answer that question. He knew all the bad guys his father and mother faced were highly dangerous." If you guys are done stilling around talking about what-not, we are wasting precious time here" Luke announced. The team were about to head off once again, when a figure smashed into Ryan." Aww" he muttered. Ryan looked up to see who hit him. It was a girl. She had long black hair and blue eyes. Not only that, the others noticed that she was a mutant." Sorry 'bout that" she stated helping Ryan to his feet. Before anyone could introduce themselves, another girl came out of the shadows. She looked younger then the first, probably Gabby's and Luke's age. Unlike the first one she was human, she had light brown hair and blue eyes." My name is Eclipse" the first girl said. The younger girl got closer to " Eclipse" cowering behind her." And this is my sister, Sky." " Sky" waved at the mutants." My name is Ryan and these are my cousins, Irrilia, Gabby, and Luke" he said pointing at each of them as he said their names.  They teens chatted for awhile, before Gabby noticed that both of the girls were hurt." What happened" she asked curiously. Eclipse had a cut on her right arm, which didn't seem that deep. While Sky, to Ryan nothing, was putting more weight on her left leg than her right." We had a fight with some guys. No worries." Fight? Who would they be fighting? Unexpectedly, a sound  came out of no where, starting some of the teens." Chill it's just my phone" Sky declared. Pulling out her phone, Sky read a message to herself." Um...we have to go, Clipse" she stated turning around and heading off." NOW." Eclipse said goodbye to the gang and followed her sister. The gang went back to their lair, overwhelmed by what they found. As they made their way down the manhole, they all kept thinking about the girls, in different ways. Unaware of the surprise waiting at the lair.