Chapter 12

Hali was quiet. It was as if he knows what will she tell him next.

"...I know you'd say you'd wait for me, but... This might be our final goodbye...," her voice shakes. She didn't want to let it out but it was impossible for her to keep it in. Silence engulfed the two as the truth went out straight from her mouth.

"...I'll wait...,"

"But Hali-"

Right before she could continue, Hali hugged her. She could hear him sobbing behind her ear. Her arms slowly wrapped around him as her tears fell drop by drop.
.
.
.
.
It was a sunny day so as it seems. The once messy teenage room was now cleared from the messy books to the shelves, the empty laundry basket, the dusty backs of the wall where it used to hang up photo frames. The smooth bed and fresh covers and blankets. The opened window now closed. That's what Jun had seen, a couple of days after Keithan and Galaxia left town. She knew and missed how much she used to come to the door and knock to wake up or hang out with the twins but now seemed different. Everything was quiet. More quiet to be exact.

Meanwhile at school, the locker once filled with books and photos now emptied leaving nothing. The once filled table now an extra. The once  timid star student's voice, now faded into a distant memory. Thorn sat by the empty table, engulfed with sadness now that his best friend isn't there by his side anymore. The jokester who lost someone to joke around with. The lazy polar bear now filled with emptiness. The strong fighter, now silenced in guilt, the determined leader now lost in his own path, the brilliant ace now lost his competition and the half of a heart who lost his other half.

Julia, Kim and Hani also felt the same thing. All the teachers were shocked of her transfer and that they regretted for not standing up for her. And that, they never did the same thing and vowed to treat the students the way they should.

School ended in sorrow to the group of brothers. They gathered beside the sloped hills at the park, letting nothing but silence into their ears. One by one eventually left to run their errands, then leaving Hali behind. He sat there staring at the people in the park. There he saw couples, some were strolling, some were playing with their kids, some were together for long periods of time in their life and some had the moment of their lifetime. He felt warm droplets on his cheeks and wiped them off with a napkin that belonged to Galaxia. He took his bag and ran off, letting his tears fall. At home, he locked himself in his room. He needed to be alone. He couldn't accept the fact she had to leave too soon.

Time passed by and Hali turned 20. His life altered 360 after Galaxia left Earth 3 years ago. He tried moving on, because sooner or later he had to. He enrolled to a private university just around his town with the scholarship he earned. He wanted to keep himself busy as much as possible. He wanted to forget her once in awhile. After his last class finished he headed to the café to get a cup of coffee to treat himself. As he reached there, there weren't a lot of other students. He didn't bother to sit with them. He ordered his coffee and walked back to the boy's dormitory. He found a letter on his desk, left by his roommate saying it was sent by someone. The letter had an unfamiliar stamp and it has a phoenix bird on the envelope. He walked to his bed, leaving his stuff beside the bed. He settled down for a moment and opened the envelope. There was a note inside.

'It's been a couple of years, and I bet you don't recognize me much as before. I missed you, Hali. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my leave in the first place.  I didn't want you to worry too much about me. But I'm okay here. If you're reading this, I want to tell u, I'm not sure if I'll be able to see you again. My parents arranged a marriage for me while I was gone. I'm really sorry. I tried to negogiate with them, but I couldn't. But whatever it is now, I hope you'll be happy with someone else.