twenty-two

little drops of snow were falling down into the grounds of toronto, making the air cold and grounds icy. jack tip toed his way to the same spot he had been in the other day, waiting for zach.

it was five minutes after the time they had decided on, and jack was beginning go get worried. he tended to overthink when it came to stuff like this.

but suddenly, there was a small whimper behind him. he turned around and saw (zach?) clutching his arm.

"jack?" the voice whispered. "what're you doing here?"

"you told me to come here, remember?" he replied softly, stepping closer to him.

the boy shook his head, "nope... i literally just woke up on the street." he replied with a shaky voice, he was obviously shaking, and extremely cold in his thin sweater.

"d- do you want to come to my place?" jack asked hesitantly, "it will be warm and i can make you hot chocolate too, if you like hot chocolate."

zackary nodded, "s- sure."

that boy was always so damn cold.

they walked, jack's secure arm around his waist. zackary leaned his head on jack's shoulder, "you're so much prettier in real life."

jack laughed, "what?"

"oh, i'm not saying that your photos aren't beautiful, they really are! but they do you no justice once i've seen you here."

jack's face turned warm in the coldness of the night, "thank you. you're cute too, zackary."

he felt as if he was getting better at telling "them" apart.

"is- is your wrist bleeding?" jack asked slowly. zackary nodded, "yeah, especially when i woke up on the freaking sidewalk! i used my t shirt to clean some of it but they hurt so goddamn badly! it's like i can't move my arms without feeling it."

and as they approached jack's apartment, zackary's shivering body was covered in one of jack's blankets. jack had passed him one as zackary sat on one of his chairs, closing his eyes and resting his body.

jack's conclusion had to have been correct. there's no way this wasn't the same boy that he had met a couple days ago, just they acted a little differently.

"you can sit on my bed." told jack, "it's warmer than that chair."

"are you sure?" zackary asked. jack nodded, "of course."

zackary got up, dragging his blanket with him as he sat at the edge of the bed. jack smiled and sat beside him, shoving him into the bed, "you can go farther!"

zackary laughed, "i'm sorry!"

zackary moved to the middle of his bed and jack sat next to him. zackary smiled, "am i good now?"

"mhm." jack mumbled, "fuck."

"what?" asked zackary. jack shakily smiled, "you're literally stunning."

~~~~~

weird ending, but brace yourself for the next chapter.