thirty-one

jack hugged his coat as he walked down the streets of toronto. the coldness of the night was sinking through his heavy jacket and to his bare arms, his teeth chattering with every step.

the city was bright because of the lights, apartment buildings and hotel rooms were the stars in the galaxy. he finally made it to the tower, leaning on the side and waiting for any sign of zach.

and there he was, in his huge, fluffy jacket, walking toward jack cluelessly.

"hey." jack announced. zach lifted his head from the ground, his pink face smiling brightly as he ran into jack, hugging him tightly, "fuck." he whispered.

jack hugged him back, "this is a nice way to say hi."

"mhm."

zach hugged him like he was everything.

jack laughed, "and i thought you were mad at me."

zach pulled away, "same here."

~

zach laid down on jack's bed, "is there anything you wanna know?"

jack placed his coffee on his dresser and laid beside him, them both staring into the ceiling, "i don't really understand the whole concept of you knowing and the -- others? knowing."

"you're jack, right? you're the ruler of your body. only you know what goes through your brain, only you can share your body with yourself. see, i'm you, but there's four other sides of me. me, zach, i'm the ruler of my body, but the others are -- like, my emotions, but they're ot- honestly, it confuses me too."

"so you've known the whole time of your mpd?" jack asked while looking over at him. zach nodded, "only i know. i didn't know my other "personalities" were texting you, i deleted the conversations after we finished them and i guess so did my others."

"but you also started them?"

"i'd go to your account."

"but why delete them?" jack asked curiously.

"i'm not allowed social media." stated zach. jack nodded, "right."

the silence was calm.

"is this forever?" asked jack softly, turning on his side. zach did the same, "i ask myself that a lot."

"are you getting help?" asked jack again.

zach closed his eyes, "my mom decides to pretend i don't have the disorder, so i can't really get anything from her, but i do try to go to therapy sometimes. i usually never make it."

jack frowned, "i'm sorry."

zach placed his hand on jack's cheek, "i'm sorry for dragging you in my life."

jack's face turned to guilt, "oh my gosh, don't say that."

zach's hand went to jack's, "i don't even know what's it like to kiss you, jack, and my lips have touched yours before, hell, we might've even slept with each other and i don't know. that's fucking scary."

jack leaned in and gave zach a quick kiss on the lips, "we didn't sleep with each other. i couldn't have done that, i didn't even understand what was happening."

zach hugged him, "but i don't want you to feel like you don't have permission, but that's another whole complicated thing..."

jack hugged him even tighter, "i won't do anything that isn't consensual."