twenty-three

zackary hid his face in the blankets, "stop it."

jack pulled the blanket off of him, "you stop it!"

zackary pulled the blankets over himself and laughed, "no!"

jack playfully pulled the blanket off of zackary and stuck out his tongue, "guess who got the blanket!"

zackary gasped and jumped on him, leaving jack under him. his hold on the blanket was small compared to jack's and he pouted, "fine! i'll just use your blankets."

he got under jack's blankets and covered his face, "haha." his voice muffled from the covers. jack's cheeks were almost permanently stuck in a smile as he threw the covers on himself, "see, now we both have the covers."

zackary was out of breath, "you got me."

jack took the covers off their heads, laying on his side as did zackary. they stared at each other, jack slowly leaning closer without even noticing it.

"and you got me." he whispered against his lips as he pressed his to zackary's, resting his hand upon his warm cheeks. hot chocolate swirled around like a fizz in a drink as zackary kissed back, running his hands up jack's sides.

jack rolled atop of him, pinning zackary's arms down as he kissed him even harder. zackary pulled away with a groan, and so did jack, "are you okay?"

"my wrists," zackary whimpered. jack rolled off, "oh my god, i'm so sorry zackary."

zackary shook his head, "it's okay, i- it just hurts."

"take off your shirt." told jack. zackary's eyes widened, "wha-"

"not like that, here." jack got off of his bed and grabbed one of his sweaters, "your shirt has blood stains on them."

"oh." zackary whispered, slowly taking off his shirt with jack's small help. jack handed him the hoodie and took the dirty shirt and placed it into his hamper, "there. now you don't have to be uncomfortable."

zackary looked down, "thank you, jack. really. i'm usually ignored, but you're the best person i've ever met. seriously."

"the feeling is mutual, we've discussed it." jack joked, and zackary smiled, "mutual."

zackary walked up to jack, holding his hand, "mutual, right?"

"only if you want it to be." said jack. zackary kissed his cheek, "yeah, i'd like that."

jack kissed his cheek and smiled, before pointing to his bed, "you tired?"

"exhausted."