Chapter Seven

Fast forward a month later, and Hogwarts has decided to have a ball. All of the students were allowed to attend, but only years Four through Seven decided to actually attend as they were able to attain dates. Draco had without a doubt asked Ophelia to go with him, and she happily said yes. Harry also asked Ginny to the ball and she too agreed. Hermione and Ronald decided to go as friends, however, Ronald mainly asked Hermione before Lavender could ask him. Ronald also wanted to tell Hermione his feelings for her. He's been waiting to do this for a while and has been feeling nervous. Ronald doesn't think Hermione likes him back, but the look in her eyes when she said yes to going to the ball, makes him think otherwise.

Ophelia smiled as she thought back to when Draco had asked her to the ball. She was sitting in the Slytherin common room when the door burst open and Draco ran up to her. Draco was panting, as he had run from the DADA classroom, all the way to the common room.

"Merlin's Beard Draco! What's gotten into you?" Draco was knelt in front of her, trying to catch his breath. Everyone who had turned to look at the couple turned back around and continued what they were doing.

"Ophelia, will- will you go to- the ball with- me?" Ophelia smiled wide and refused the urge to squeal. Everyone had turned back around this time to see what was going on.

"Yes!" Draco stood and picked up Ophelia in a hug. Her heart was fluttering and she was ecstatic to be going to the ball with the man she loves. Ophelia kissed his cheek and quickly left the common room to the Gryffindor portrait.

"Please fetch Hermoine for me?" Ophelia smiled at the fat lady as she walked off to tell Hermione about the Slytherin. Hermione left the portrait hole and hugged Ophelia.

"Did Draco ask you to the ball?" Ophelia squealed and jumped up and down.

"Yes! Did Ronald ask you?" Hermione smiled and nodded shyly. Hermione then remembered back to just a few moments ago. Lavender and walked in through the portrait hole and Ronald turned to look at Hermione quite quickly.

"Hermione, I have a question." Ronald made sure to say this loud, just so that everyone could hear him. Hermoine nodded and waited for his question.

"Hermoine, will you go to the ball with me?" Hermione looked up and smiled with a rising blush. She noticed Lavender out of the corner of her eye and knew Ronald wanted her to know he was not interested.

"Of course Ron. I'd love to go with you." Everyone clapped and awed as they hugged. Lavender made her usual scream of aggravation and left the common room.

"Oh, quit your whining girl. He's never been interested in you." One of the portraits said to Lavender and she cried as everyone all laughed. Not too long after the incident, Harry and Ginny came in and no one had to ask to know he had already asked Ginny to the ball.

Lavender ran into the bathroom and looked at Pansy who was working on the potion.

"Ronald asked Hermione, didn't he?" Pansy looked up to Lavender sadly. Lavender started crying as she nodded.

"Draco asked Ophelia, I presume?" Pansy nodded and stirred the potion. Lavender reached into her pocket and grabbed the pink heart-shaped vial from the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes shop. Pansy looked at her and chuckled.

"A love potion from the Weasley's shop? Are you out of your mind Lavender? I doubt it's going to work." Pansy scoffed as she sighed.

"I was told all I had to do was put a bit of my hair in here and slip it into the preferred person's drink. I'm going to try it at the ball." Lavender nodded and Pansy rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you say." Pansy scoffed as she sighed. Pansy was lucky enough that the ball would be the same day as the potion would be finished. Pansy looked up and gasped.