Chapter Thirty-Two

Draco and Ophelia were sitting down at the table munching on breadsticks and salads. Draco was trying to become less anxious by starting small talk and conversations that they would normally have. He was trying to keep as cool as possible and trying not to show that he was nervous, or more importantly that he was hiding something. 

Harry came over and took the plates while Ronald and Blaise gave them the plates of spaghetti. Draco's original plan was to propose after they had eaten their dinner, and then celebrate with dessert. He didn't know if he should wait until after dessert now, but he thinks it would be a good idea. Ophelia can't see it right now, but around the corner from them is a couple of blankets and plenty of pillows. They would be watching the stars for a while. Draco thinks that would be the best time for him to propose. Draco was still nervous, but he wasn't covering it up too well. And Ophelia definitely took notice.

"Draco?" Ophelia asked while grabbing his hand.

"Yes, love?" Draco tried to give her a smile, but it was obvious he was nervous.

"Are you okay? You seem very nervous," Draco stiffened for a quick second before he regained his composure. He sighed and tried to quickly think of an excuse when Blaise came up to refill their drinks.

"Sorry O, Draco said he's been nervous because he wants the date to go over well without, you know, certain interruptions by certain people," Blaise then makes it obvious that there are Aurors watching them. Ophelia lets out a noise of understanding and turns back to Draco. 

"Draco, love, it's okay! I'm really having a wonderful time. No one has ever gone out of their way to do this for me, and I absolutely love it. Thank you," Ophelia leans over and gives him a soft kiss. Draco's heart skips a beat and he turns a light shade of pink.

"I'm glad you like it, love. I also don't want this to get ruined by other people," Draco gave her a look and she understood. Hearing her say that she loves everything so far made him calm down a little. Draco and Ophelia continued to eat their dinner and were then served their dessert. Ophelia looked ecstatic when she saw it was mint ice cream. Draco and Ophelia continued talking to her and making her laugh. Draco was finally calming down while he was watching her laugh. He knows Ophelia will say yes to his proposal. 

Now that Draco was no longer nervous, he couldn't wait to propose. He was beyond excited to see her reaction. He knows that it's very early on in their relationship, but he's felt this way for years. And when he found out she felt the same way, he was ecstatic. He knows that they can get through anything life puts them through. 

Once they finished their ice cream, Draco led her over to the picnic blanket. Ophelia sighed as she leaned into Draco as they stared at the stars. There were a few candles around them that were charmed to hover in the air. 

The Aurors were confused by what Draco and Ophelia were doing. They didn't want to interrupt their date, but they also needed to make sure that all of them were safe. They knew that Mister Parkinson was always watching them, even when they thought they were safe. They know how dangerous he is. 

Ophelia was the happiest she's been since the war. She's been okay considering she was being held hostage by her father, but Draco was there to keep her calm, as well as her brother and parents. 

Draco cleared his throat and turned to Ophelia.

'This is it,' Draco thought.

"Ophelia, I have a question," Draco was speaking loud enough for his friends to hear him. Hermione and Ginny grew excited but were quickly hushed by the three other boys. 

"What is it?" Ophelia smiled at him and Draco couldn't have been happier. He put some of her hair behind her ear and kissed her cheek softly. He stood up with a groan and held out his hand.

"Draco, what's going on?" Ophelia giggled and grabbed Draco's hand. Draco pulled her up and brought her closer to him. Draco put his forehead against hers and smiled.

"You're so beautiful, Ophelia," Ophelia smiled.

"You're quite handsome yourself," The couple smiled wide and Draco cleared his throat.

"So, my question," Draco chuckled nervously and looked behind Ophelia.

"Hey, are those fireflies?" Ophelia's eyes went wide and she turned around quickly.

"Where?" Draco quickly but quietly pulled out the box and got down on one knee. As he was getting down, he started to speak up.

"Sorry, I thought I saw some," Ophelia frowned a little and turned back around. She gasped and placed her hands over her mouth. 

"Draco?" Ophelia started to cry happy tears. She was so shocked. She had no idea her love and her friends would do this for her. 

"Ophelia Nova Zabini," Draco started but cleared his throat.

"I fell in love with you when I twirled you around in the garden. I fell in love with your smile, your eyes, the way you twirled your hair when you were nervous, the way you bite your lip when you're concentrating really hard, but most of all, I fell in love with your personality. The way you just walk into a room and make it brighter with your smile. I love everything about you, and I always will, for as long as I live," Draco took in a breath of air before he started speaking again. 

"Ophelia, there is nothing that I want more in this world other than to marry you and have children with you. You are the thing that I was missing for a long time, and I never would have acted on anything I've felt since I was six if you hadn't have started attending Hogwarts." Draco smiled and opened up the box. Ophelia let out a sob as she saw the ring.

"Ophelia Nova Z," Draco paused before he respoke.

"Ophelia Nova Riddle," Ophelia felt her heart soar. She liked the sound of her birth name.

"Will you please do me the honor of marrying me, so I can come home to you every single day and call you my wife, and at some point the mother of my children?" Ophelia put her head in her hands as she sobbed from happiness. She always dreamt about this moment and couldn't believe it was happening. She was going to marry her love.

"Yes!" Ophelia exclaimed loudly and Draco stood up and placed the ring on her finger. The snake's eyes and the gem glowed a bright green before it settled on her finger. Ophelia didn't get a chance to admire the ring before Draco picked her up and spun her around. Ophelia cupped Draco's face and kissed him. She made sure all of her passion and love for him went into the kiss. 

The group of friends silently celebrated the engagement, and the Aurors were impressed. They didn't think that Draco would ever have a heart. If this didn't prove to them that Draco was indeed a good person, then nothing ever would have. 

Since the date was in a clearing in the forest nearby, Mister Parkinson was stalking the couple, watching them from afar. His face produced a scowl as he muttered three words before stalking off into the night.

"Her big day,"