Chapter Twenty-Two

After Ophelia awoke from her nap with Draco, she was still angry about what had happened previously. Pansy deserved what she got, and if it hadn't had come from Ophelia, it would have come from someone else. Ophelia rubbed her face and sighed. She didn't like what she had become. She had let go of the darkness that somehow always had it's hold on her. That was another thing she was grateful for Beauxbattons. They taught you manners, as well as how to control your emotions. Most of the time she had good control over her anger, and she would sometimes try to make light out of a situation if she started to get angry. Or if she did get angry, it was nowhere near how angry she had gotten earlier. Ophelia never thought that she would say the spell Bellatrix cast on her months ago. Ophelia felt that she was better than to ever cast a spell purposefully to harm someone, let alone almost kill them if it isn't reversed. 

Ophelia got out of bed and wandered to the window. She was ashamed that she had let it take over so far. She never wanted anyone to see that side of her. She figured Voldemort enjoyed it, and she didn't want to give her father that satisfaction. No matter what happens to her, Ophelia would die before she ever became a death eater. 

Draco watched Ophelia by the window. He was surprised she could get that angry. He didn't think she would ever do that to any human being, let alone Pansy. Draco thought she was just always happy and nice, especially from Beaubattons. Obviously there was a hidden rage deep within her somewhere, and Draco figured it was because of her father. Draco got up and stood behind Ophelia and wrapped his arms around her. She sighed sadly and laid her head against his chest.

"It'll all be okay, love. I promise," Draco whispered and Ophelia nodded slightly.

"I hope so," Ophelia mumbled quietly and the couple made their way downstairs after a few more moments. Ophelia had slept until dinner time, and she was getting quite hungry. Ophelia let out a shaky breath before she walked into the dining room. Everyone looked at her, and she quickly put her head down and sat down next to Narcissa with Draco on the other side of her.

Narcissa felt bad for the girl. She was pushed over the edge, and everyone knew that it was because of her father's rage inside her. Voldemorts temper. No one knew how deep it went except for Ophelia herself. She always tried to hide it as best as she could, and this time she lost the long and hard battle of keeping her anger at bay. 

No one spoke to Ophelia at dinner except for Draco, and even then they were whispers, asking if she was alright, if she would like this food on her plate or that food on her plate. Ophelia would just mumble her responses and Draco would oblige if she had asked for something.

Lucius was eyeing the couple. He didn't know Ophelia had it in her to lose control like that, but he was hoping that she would also become a death eater and join them. Lucius was hoping that Ophelia would be able to carry on the cause in her father's name if something were to ever happen to him. Even though Ophelia was a half-blood, Lucius still welcomed Ophelia with open arms simply because she was Voldemort's daughter. 

Bellatrix was minding her own business at the table. She knew better than to bring up what had happened earlier in front of everyone. She was happy the Parkinson girl got what she deserved, and she also felt a little proud of Ophelia defending herself against her. Pansy deserved the beating, and Bellatrix was hoping it would put the child in her place. 

The Zabini's were all worried about their daughter and sister. They knew the kind of rage she held within her, and they knew at some point because of Pansy that it would have come out either sooner or later. They didn't give a damn about Pansy's state, but more-so Ophelia's. Mister and Misses Zabini knew that their daughter had a darkness inside of her because of her father, and they had only witnessed it once before. It was just another good reason to send her off to Beauxbattons. When Ophelia was being homeschooled in the Manor by a private wizard professor, the professor kept being rude to her. He hated the small girl and tried to make her life hell in her school work. Ophelia had had enough one day, especially when the professor put his hand on her in an attempt to discipline her for making a small mistake on a math problem when they were working on muggle studies. The family had heard her screams of anger and came rushing into the foyer when the professor was thrown against the room. The professor tried to sue the family and ended up taking them to court. When Ophelia's memory was shown amongst the people of the courtroom, the minister of magic had decided that Ophelia was not at fault, as they had seen every memory of her encounters with the professor. The professor ended up losing his job and was sent to Azkaban for a year or so for the potential assault of a minor, and for verbal abuse toward the young girl. Ophelia has no recollection of the event, but she always knew she had anger in her. She can feel it. She feels it grow inside her some days when she gets too stressed out. It fears her to her very core, and the only thing that keeps her anger at bay is Draco.

The Parkinson's were upset their daughter almost died, but they knew that they couldn't do anything to stop the beating she got, nor could they do anything to Ophelia. She was their lord's daughter, and they feared that if she did something like this again she would keep getting away with it. They knew their daughter deserved what she had gotten, but she didn't deserve to die, not just yet. 

Voldemort was observing his daughter eat from across the table. She looked exhausted, as well as really sad about something. He thinks it's from what happened with Pansy, but he saw nothing wrong with it. He was happy she was embracing the darkness that he had more than happily passed to her. Voldemort wanted more than anything for Ophelia to join him. To join his cause, and to make it their cause. The more he looked at his daughter, the more he took in her features. 'She looks just like her mother'. Voldemort thought. Same eyes, same hair, same nose. The only thing different about Ophelia was her facial structure, as well as her body structure. She looked more like her father in those ways. And where she had the same personality as her mother, she had the darkness of her father. Her mother was a muggle, and she got her magic from her father. Ophelia's mother had a hard time getting pregnant because of some sort of condition she had; Voldemort couldn't remember what. But when she found out she was pregnant with Ophelia, she was ecstatic that she would finally have a child. Then the pregnancy started going wrong. She would get illnesses and wouldn't get any better. As soon as she got rid of one, another appeared. Then somewhere in her third trimester, her mother had succumbed to an illness. The doctors were able to bring her back for just enough time to deliver her premature child. As soon as Ophelia was born, her mother whispered the name loud enough for all to hear, then passed away again and did not return. That was when Voldemort knew she would have to be at least a half-blood and put her up for adoption in the wizarding world anonymously, with a letter explaining what her name was and what had happened to the mother. He didn't dare mention himself. He knew as soon as his name was mentioned, questions would arise and his daughter would be in danger. Voldemort knew that he was not capable of caring for her and was glad when there was a rumor going around how a newborn girl name Ophelia had been adopted. Voldemort knew that if his daughter had been adopted, then she would have lived and he could find her years later. 

Voldemort was proud of who his daughter had become, but he believed that she could be more. He believed that his daughter was capable of stronger magic and could rule by his side with him. 

Voldemort stood suddenly and it had everyone on edge. He was going to say something but he stopped with his mouth slightly agape. He clutched his chest in pain and Ophelia stood up quickly. Voldemort knew that Harry and his friends had destroyed a Horcrux. Voldemort sat down in his chair with a thud and Ophelia quickly rushed over to him. She knew who he was, and how bad of a person he was, but he was still her father, and she has always had a soft spot for her father, even though he gave her away at birth. 

"What's happening?" Ophelia didn't know what to do, or what was even wrong. Ophelia heard Nagini hiss and her eyes went wide. 

'Harry Potter has destroyed another Horcrux. It's killing him.' Ophelia didn't understand why she was able to understand the snake. No words were said and she backed away slightly from her father and the snake.

"This is what happens when Harry destroys a Horcrux?" Ophelia whispered and Nagini nodded. Ophelia took a glance at her father to see he was already staring at her. Voldemort stared at her in admiration at the fact that she did in fact care for him, but as well as she got the trait of parseltongue. Ophelia felt a little uncomfortable under his stare.

"You understood Nagini?" Voldemort was hoping she would say yes. They both knew it was true, but Ophelia was scared to admit it out loud.

"Is that good or bad that I could?" Voldemort took in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"No, just shows that you are more like me than you think." Ophelia grew a little angry from that statement and backed away from the table completely.

"You're wrong. I am nothing like you. You're a monster, and you've killed so many innocent people. I would never do that, not to people who don't deserve it. Only to people who threaten those that I love, or myself if it's an act of self-defense." Ophelia walked away and Draco followed her. They both were about to leave the dining room when Voldemort had spoken up.

"You can't hide nor deny the darkness inside you. And when it comes out completely because you lose your battle with it, I will be waiting for you to join me." Ophelia gave him one last glare before she and Draco had left for his room.