Vampire winner Interview with Unspoken _uprising

Vampire winner - Unspoken_Uprising

Interviewed by Torieasy

1. How did you find out about Wattpad?

A friend from high school in 2011. She showed it to me after I told her about my writing.

2. What does it mean to you to receive the winners' position for the champ Easter awards 2k19?

To be honest, I'm not even sure how to describe it. Its exciting though.

3. What motivated you to participate in the contest?

Mostly exposure. At least that is what started it all. But I think now it's also a test to my skills as a writer. To have made it to first place, honestly, was not something I expected. If anything it becomes a testament to my own capabilities.

4. At what age did you start to take an interest in writing?

10. I was not as serious about it back then as I am now, but it was then that I started to explore the possibility.

5. How was the reaction of readers to the first chapter of your first book, when you just began on wattpad?

Well, to be honest I had no idea because no one commented lol. I got a few votes and I think it was some odd 1k reads but that was ages ago too and I've switched accounts in that time.

6. At any point in writing, did you feel the need to take a break?

Depends. If you are asking if I ever feel the need to take a break from writing as a whole, then no. Never. I have had too before because life but never intentionally. If your asking if I have ever taken a break from a specific novel to do something else, then always. I sit too long on a project and i get either board or stuck. So i have two or three projects i rotate around.

7. Do you feel any pressure to update due to the amount of readers you have?

Nope. If I'm being honest I'm not even sure how many readers I do have. Maybe one or two that I've seen comment once in a while or something but i can't say i get any pressure from them. Then again, I do my best to keep those interested up to date on what is going on with me and when they can expect content.

8. Do you have a favorite among all the books you've written?

Hum...well I'm not sure. I probably do but I can't say I've put much thought into it. I love my characters almost equally. Even the bad ones.

9. Who would you say is your biggest inspiration as a writer?

Tolkien, without any doubt. He was by far the reason I truly took an interest in writing. If if were not for reading Lord of the Rings in 5th grade, I don't think I would have come this far.

10. Have you really just sat down to take a few seconds to realize just how popular your work has become?

Nope. I can't even say its popular lol. I mean, it's the novel though incomplete has indeed passed my expectations, I would not go so far as to consider it popular by any standards.

11. Where do you get your writing inspirations?

Music.

12. If you could swap  your life with one book character, who would it be?

Honestly, I wouldn't even if I was given the choice. Knowing the king of things I do to these characters, I probably would not be able to handle what they go through and overcome. Granted, I may be wrong in that assumption but I would not make that swap.

13. Which character can you relate the most from your book?

Hum...now that is a tough one. I would say it would be George. (Not a character in my winning novel.)

14. When you have a writer's block, what do you do to get rid of it?

Take a break for a few days. Rather than stressing over it, I move to another novel or project for a while and come back to it later with a fresh mind.

15. What do you like to do during your free time?

Writing of course! Haha, that's almost all l do. I have a little bit of a gaming habit but most of my time is spent writing.

16. How would you encourage writing?

Hum...honestly I have no idea.

17. Where do you see yourself in the next 3-5 years?

If I have it my way, as a published author Haha. Realisticappy though I have no idea. I just take each day as it comes.

18. Is there anything you would like to say to your fans/supporters?

Thank you. I put my time and effort into these stories because I want to share them. Just having one person interested is more than enough reason to keep going. Without my readers or fans, there would simply be no purpose to sharing these novels.

19. What advice would you like to pass across to all the struggling writers out there?

Don't give up and to open up to honest criticism. Writing isn't easy and it's a life long learning process. Or so I have discovered. None of us are perfect or great when we first start but if being a writer is what you want to do with your life, then go for it and learn everything you can along the way.