When the Moon Dies

I don't care when I'm alone at night.

Give me that bad love

So I can feel numb, when nothings right.

Give me that feeling of planes pointed upright

City of fire, blue tonight.

I'll take the pill, instead of your rescue

I'm tired of sinking, weighed down by your lack of devotion.

Give me that bad love...

Hold me tight.

So I can fade into the flickering lights.

Give me that bad love, so pain can treat me right.

It's crazy how people exit your life, like a hand leaves a shoulder and suddenly you are aware that you are cold

It's crazy how people exit your life, like a hand leaves a shoulder and suddenly you are aware that you are cold. And maybe if you're lucky you'll feel the prick of hope leaving your soul, whispers of a violin, the song we never finished.

Life feels strange, it's slow but never gentle. A lot like love, I'm bound to yield unto its harsh mercy, but when it's kind it carries you effortlessly like steady winds.

Tonight was not one of life's kinder moments. Len's  mossy eyes hunted my movements. His narrow glare made me a prey, until his coldness pinned me against my breath, settling in deep resentment.

"You...." I trembled as he approached me.

I could feel my heart bending like time does to a man, deep to the bone. My stomach fluttered, and suddenly my mouth was dry yet I carried the ocean in the palm of my shaking hands.

I blinked, afraid to close my eyes for a moment.

"Hello, Cleo" Len whispered as he faced me.

I couldn't believe the stranger standing in front of me. Len still had deep ruby colored hair that rolled over the sun, with a brilliant roasted hue. He still had soft kelp green eyes that sparkled in a glossy way, like a message in a bottle he kept all its secrets in his captivating smile. He was taller than I remembered, but I use to spend so much time in his arms, I never noticed the towering difference.

My body seemed to feel his presence, almost jerking towards him, reminding me of a child who would sit at the porch everyday waiting for his father to come home just so he could jump into his arms.

"What are you doing here?" I squeaked, holding my head down.

Dean raised an eyebrow as he glanced back and forth between us, "Cleo, who the hell is this?" he asked protectively.

Len coolly survived Dean before putting out his hand to greet him, "I'm her ex, and hopefully she'll let me be a father too" he mumbled looking down.