Chapter 17

"W-where am i?" He asked as he confusedly looked at his new surrounding. I stood before him while crossing both of my arms in front of my chest. He looked  up and quickly stood up.

"We're just outside the practice hall." I answered.  He then realized the fact seconds later.  I sighed heavily. "Honestly,  what was that?  You're trembling like there's an earthquake inside of you."

"I-i.." He stuttered while avoiding my sharp stares.

"You're not use to be in combat?" I asked with softer tone. He shook his head briefly.  "Then? You're scared of the robot?"

"I'm not always like this okay?  I said i wasn't ready!" he snapped. I took a step back from him which made him frowned. "Yes,  I'm scared of the robot."

"There you go.  Just admit it and we're good to go. Let's get back inside." I patted his shoulder and we disappeared. 

We arrived back inside just near the benches.  Harry was in daze for a second but eventually made his way to the bench.  I would have him to overcome his fear soon.  I couldn't afford to have a scaredy cat in my team. Everyone was eyeing him.  The battle wasn't over but Rose was winning.  Just looked at those lazer beams that she shoot at the robot.  She moved fast and strategically which deserved praise from me. 

"Eat it you stupid robot!" Rose yelled as her lazer hit the head and the robot fell flat on the ground,  unmoving. The others cheers and clapped for her.  She smiled and returned to the bench.  I looked at my phone screen and it was already 7pm. 

"That's  a wrap." I announced and everyone let out a sigh of relieve. I looked over at Harry.  "Tomorrow we'll continue again.  Harry,  you'd be first tomorrow. You better be ready by then."

"I'll try." he mumbled under his breath but i heard it clearly.

They started leaving the practice hall while i made my way toward the control panel.  I needed to have that poor robot cleaned up.  I was such a responsible girl, right? I pressed the buttons and the robot was taken away to robot's paradise.  Okay,  maybe just the dumpster.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked loudly without looking at him because i was still focusing on the control panel.

"For reasons." I could tell he was shrugging.  I ignored him and finished up my work. "How do you become friend with that loser?"

I didn't need to know who he was talking about. I shrugged in return and turned off the lights of the hall.  The hall became dark but i still could see things.  Seth stayed in his place,  unmoving.  Probably,  he couldn't see anything.  I should have warn him.  My bad.  I touched his shoulder and we reappeared outside the hall where it was bright. He blinked in confusion.

"You're okay there,  dude?" I asked while snapping my fingers in front of his face. He snapped out of his confusion and looked at me.

"Yeah.  You still haven't answer me." He demanded.

"Why does it matter?  I am not that picky choosing my friend." I said casually.  He raised an eyebrow,  probably didn't expect that answer.  "Why do you hate him so much?"

"He's a loser." He said like it was the most obvious thing.  I just nodded briefly. "Where do you come from?"

"Well,  Dakota. A few cities away." I answered.  Which of course a lie.  It was an Elite city. I had to put something in my resume right?

"What brings you here then?" He continued his question. Dude, were you interrogating me?

"I can't just let go the chance to attend world's best academy right?" I replied with a smile.  He let out a small chuckle then shook his head.  "Well,  i need to go home. See you tomorrow."