Chapter 39

"Hey,  you all ready?" I asked as i entered our waiting room.  The others all looked at me.  "Let's go and beat some ass!"

Most of them chuckled at my remark and some only smiling.  They walked out from the room,  following me.  The staff was sitting down by the door while leaning against the wall,  still snoring.  I bet he had really nice dream going on.

"Is he asleep?" Liam asked,  noticing the staff.  I turned to look at him.

"Yeah,  i guess." I answered while shrugging. 

"Why would he asleep like that?" Harry queried while scratching his head.

"How should i know?  Wake him up then and ask him." I replied,  looking back in front of me.  "Ignore him,  we have a tournament to win."

"You're still so confident as usual." Seth commented as he walked beside me.  A grin emerged on my face. 

"Of course.  I'm just telling the truth." I retorted confidently. He chuckled softly. Ah,  how i wish i could just relaxing today. Man,  this was getting tiring.

"Did you do that?" Wendy whispered in my ear when she was walking at my other side.  I shook my head briefly. 

"He just got really tired and i told him to sleep.  It's not like we can't go to the battlefield without him anyway." i lied. Of course Wendy didn't fall for my amazing prevarication.

"The truth." She demanded bossily. 

"It's the truth.  I didn't do it." I stated honestly.  I wasn't the one putting him to sleep.  Wendy knitted her eyebrows together as she tried to figure out my words.

"Then.." She purposely trailed off as her eyes widened.  We were already nearing the end of the tunnel.

"Ah, it's about time!  Remember,  explosion,  my portals." I announced suddenly,  changing the topic.  The others nodded at me.

We entered the battlefield with booming cheers from the audiences.  Our opponents were already in their positions.  We took our place in our territory.  Tom was standing close to me as we both agreed to work together during the battle.  I would provide him protection as he concentrating on making explosion on the area i ordered him to. When he did that,  there was no way he could fight nor defending himself.  So,  it was my job as back up to be his defense.

The defense team as usual took their place closer to our flag.  Tom and i were at the middle while the rest at the front.  Our opponent's position was much simpler, 5 persons at defense and 5 more persons at the offense.  Quite obvious.

"You better hurry,  Tom. If you take too long,  we would win this battle without you contributing." I teased him.  He made a face at me. He just looked more determined than ever.  I was saying the truth.  If Tom happened taking a long time to make the explosion,  one of our teammates may got the chance getting the flag anyway with him standing in one place for the entire battle and zero contribution. I made this plan because it was the quickest strategy to win.  Explosion erupted, the enemy's defense team blown away and Wendy would grab the flag during the entire catastrophic.  Great plan,  no?  It was all defended on Tom. 

The siren went off signalling the game had began. Tom quickly kneeled on one knee and put both of his palms on the ground.  He closed his eyes and his forehead creased. He was in his full concentration.  Seth,  Liam,  Wendy and Olivern sprinted toward the enemy's territory without hesitation. 

"Get ready,  folks!" I warned my defense team,  Harry,  Britney,  Marianne and Rose at the back.  They just nodded.

Three people made their way to our territory.  I watched as they approached us.  I raised up my hand as a fist almost hitting me in the face. I held the fist and saw the attacker's face. I went utterly confused. I just saw him running toward me at the front a while ago.  How the hell he ended up at my side out of nowhere? I looked back in front of me and there were only two people running into our area.  What the hell?